or Connect

Posts by lagsun

I'm probably closer to a TTS 8.25D. I've owned/tried on a few C&J shoes/boots on the 325 last in the past including the RL Marlow and BB Coniston both in US8.5D. Might have been able to go down to US8 as neither fit me right (sloppy in heel and tight in the fore foot) so I sold/returned them.After asking on this thread about sizing the Islay, I got various advice to either go down a half or full size. Fortunately, I was in Paris last week so I contacted the C&J store...
+1
Cross post from the Alden thread to compare the shape/color of my recently purchased C&J Islay to my other Alden boots (Left to Right): Alden Cigar captoe with commando sole on Grant last - US9D (Alden DC - picked this up off B&S before I figured out my true size) Alden Cigar Indy with commando sole on Trubalance last - US8D (J. Gilbert) Dark Brown Scotch Grain C&J Islay with dainite sole on 365 last - UK7E Alden #8 captoe with commando sole on Grant last - US8.5D (Alden...
Here is a picture of my current boot collection to show the different colors/shapes as well as compare to the Crockett & Jones Islay boot I recently picked up while in Paris (Left to Right): Cigar captoe with commando sole on Grant last - US9D (Alden DC - picked this up off B&S before I figured out my true size) Cigar Indy with commando sole on Trubalance last - US8D (J. Gilbert) Dark Brown Scotch Grain C&J Islay with dainite sole on 365 last - UK7E #8 captoe with...
FWIW, I also go TTS on the Van last. I wear 8.5d for the LHS and Ranger Mocs with a slim insole and I'm a 8d on the Barrie and Trubalane.
Thanks.Not sure. I was a little delirious from my 11+ hour flight and was so focused on the Islays I didn't pay much attention to the other shoes.This was a small shop and I didn't see anything else. They had winding stairs down to all the shoes. Was it there?Thanks for the sizing advice. Another pair of Islay in the Bay Area soon.33 Boulevard Raspail, Paris
Arrived in Paris today and one of my first stops was the C&J store on Raspail. Picked up a pair of Islays and sized down a whole size from my Alden Barrie US8D to UK 7E. Here is crappy hotel room iPad pic of the new boots Also took the following pics of the store
You can call Moulded Shoe in NYC. They carry stock models and I believe they can add commando soles as well. Here is their website:http://www.mouldedshoe.com/aldeno.html
@applky Yes it shrunk right around 0.5". I could have had them hemmed shorter but will probably just fold them over for now. There is enough fabric to hem them longer or cuff. Usually I cuff but didn't want to see the old hem line on these. Maybe the next pair.
I just received my olive Driggs and I'm happy I decided to give them a try. I could never make the Rivets work due to the lower rise and my sprinter thighs and the Walt got costly with all the alterations - I had to take in the waist (I'm a 31.5" but buy size 32 with athe 33" inch waist so there's enough room in the thigh), slim the legs and shorten the length.The Driggs seem to work much better for me. Fabric and color is great and I washed and dried them to shrink them a...