or Connect

Posts by lagsun

O'Doyle Rules Can't wait for my navy to arrive on Monday.
Thanks. Very pleased I picked them up last week while in Paris.
Wearing the Islay for the first time in California on a nice afternoon...
FWIW, I recently paid $750 for the C&J Islay boot in Paris (hope to get the VAT refund of $100+ at some point but this is the Barney's price point too). The Islay is dark brown scotch grain calf. Not even shell so prices are high elsewhere too. However, I liked the style and fit so I was willing to pay.Another nice thing about Alden is there seems to be a healthy secondary market for their shoes and boots. You have the TSM seconds list, B&S and eBay just to name a few. Of...
I just ordered the Navy Doyle from Matt after suddenly realizing I needed a casual jacket. It didn't hurt that I recently received a $100 ATT Visa gift card in the mail. Thanks to Matt for putting up with me and taking my order over the phone so I could pay with two cards...
Waiting for BART in Ravello LWBs
I think using Barney's was also for nailing down your size. Easier to return than sending back to the UK...
I'm probably closer to a TTS 8.25D. I've owned/tried on a few C&J shoes/boots on the 325 last in the past including the RL Marlow and BB Coniston both in US8.5D. Might have been able to go down to US8 as neither fit me right (sloppy in heel and tight in the fore foot) so I sold/returned them.After asking on this thread about sizing the Islay, I got various advice to either go down a half or full size. Fortunately, I was in Paris last week so I contacted the C&J store...
+1
Cross post from the Alden thread to compare the shape/color of my recently purchased C&J Islay to my other Alden boots (Left to Right): Alden Cigar captoe with commando sole on Grant last - US9D (Alden DC - picked this up off B&S before I figured out my true size) Alden Cigar Indy with commando sole on Trubalance last - US8D (J. Gilbert) Dark Brown Scotch Grain C&J Islay with dainite sole on 365 last - UK7E Alden #8 captoe with commando sole on Grant last - US8.5D (Alden...