Posts by lagsun

Cross post from Alden thread. Leffot Snuff Suede LWB purchased off B&S a few years ago. Just back from the local cobbler who replaced the blind eyelets with antique brass exposed eyelets. I also switched to brown laces for a more casual look. One thing I noticed is the heel dovetail is wearing down and needs replacing soon. Has anyone ever replaced the heel toplift with one from JR? My cobbler has them.
Leffot Snuff Suede LWB purchased off B&S a few years ago. Just back from the local cobbler who replaced the blind eyelets with antique brass exposed eyelets. I also switched to brown laces for a more casual look.
I've purchased flat boot laces in blue and green from Benjos.
I love the darker color. Are you using waxes and/or cremes to achieve this look?
My mistake. I completely agree!
Coniston or Islay are good options.
I have both the burgundy and natural CXL belts and the latter is the one I wear the majority of the time. Only issue is it has stretched so much over the past 2+ years that I've had to shorten it twice.
I aspire to own a pair of EG Galways
Do you have an email address for the NY store? I can't seem to find it on their website.
The Conistons I ordered from The Tannery arrived yesterday, taking 6 business days to the US West Coast. It seems more of a brick & mortar operation with a small e-commerce component as I had to email a couple of times to get my tracking number. Otherwise great service and price with the exchange rate and sale. I switched out the C&J tan laces with Alden brown flat laces and I'm also thinking of having my cobbler replace the blind eyelets with brown exposed eyelets. I...