or Connect

Posts by lagsun

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't get any comments on Friday so I contacted Alden and they replied the next day. I mailed the boots to them today to inspect/restore.
I thought I'd utilize the collective wisdom of SF to see if I need to do anything about my #8 captoe boots from Alden of DC. My boots are a couple years old and the pictures below are from the left shoe. I wear them at most 1-2 times a month. Should I be concerned or just continue to wear them? If it's a concern do I email Kathy at Alden DC or contact Alden directly? Thanks.
FWIW, I'm a comfortable 8D in Alden for the barrie and trubalance lasts and my Islays are a 7UK.
I'm clearing my closet of pants that are too slim for me. These Epaulet Walt khaki cotton twill trousers (8 oz?) are size 32 and were purchased a couple of years ago from Epaulet. My tailor took the waist in a little, shortened the inseam and cuffed the legs. There is maybe 1-1.5" to take the waist out. They have been cold water washed/hang dried several times and are still in very good condition. Go here for more information (not the same fabric but color is similar)...
This pair of Alden Dover in unlined snuff suede in size 8D are on the barrie last and were purchased off The Shoemart seconds list a couple of years ago. A great pair of shoes in very good condition which I no longer wear as I have too many shoes in the rotation. I believe they are seconds because on the left shoe, the leather piping next to the blind eyelets on the right side of the shoe were not done properly. This can be seen in the 5th picture. Shoe trees NOT...
How are the discounts at SF Bloomingdale's right now? I plan to go in next week.
I'm clearing my closet of pants that are too slim for me. These ROTA Olive green lightweight cotton twill trousers are size EU48 and were purchased this October unused off B&S. My tailor took the waist in a little, the inseam was shortened and the leg slightly tapered. These are really nice lightweight cotton trousers with pick stitching, belt loop, etc. Unfortunately they are a bit too slim in the thighs for me. They have been cold water washed/hang dried several times...
I'm clearing my closet of pants that are too slim for me. These ROTA Olive green lightweight cotton twill trousers are size EU48 and were purchased this October unused off B&S. My tailor took the waist in a little, the inseam was shortened and the leg slightly tapered. These are really nice lightweight cotton trousers with pick stitching, belt loop, etc. Unfortunately they are a bit too slim in the thighs for me. They have been cold water washed/hang dried several times...
I'm clearing my closet of pants I no longer wear. These Epaulet Driggs Washed Cotton TwillTrousers are Olive in size 32. I purchased them last year took and altered the waist. They have been cold water washed/hang dried several times and are still in very good condition. Go to the Epaulet website for more information. Here are my measurements: Waist: 32" Inseam: 33" Priority mail shipping CONUS for $60
The years seem to blend as you get older so I think in 2014 I purchased: Tobacco Chamois Ranger Mocc (Need Supply) C&J Islay Tobacco Chamois Tanker Boot (Leffot via TSM seconds) I also sold a pair of Cigar Indy's. In 2015, I will probably sell my TSM second Snuff Dover unlined PTB. There's nothing really on my wish list but I'm always on the lookout for a Cigar LWB, a chocolate suede boot or chukka and maybe a black cordovan shoe. Happy New Year!