or Connect

Posts by epb

Quote: Originally Posted by xpress Fiat 124 Spider Designed by Pininfarina (some say loosely modeled around the Ferrari 275 gtb) and to me, one of the most beautiful cars ever produced... A very simple, quick, top down driving experience. I had one of these when in my 20s and loved it; annoyed the hell out of everyone by jauntily springing over the door to get in. It's damned hard to find a good one nowadays - I checked around before...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheD0n Everyone on HGTV needs the granite/SS kitchen. I agree with the aesthetics of the "updated" kitchen, but is the look any more timeless than a kitchen from the 1980s or 90s? If it's functional, that will help it last. The rest of the house and the building itself matter. You can't live in an old Victorian and have a kitchen that looks like the galley on a space ship. That's as annoying as a kitchen in a...
Quote: Originally Posted by dtmt Nice. How is the suspension on long trips and such? The prices on CPOs seem to be pretty reasonable lately so I've been getting tempted. The stiff suspension is fine on road trips; less so in town if the roads are bad.
Quote: Originally Posted by gilwood I'm definitely the only one here who doesn't put women on a pedestal, except for GQGeek. I expect them to be rational people that I can deal with sensibly. You're expecting rational behavior from people that have demonstrated repeatedly that they aren't rational - which isn't rational of you. So what's your rationale? What these friends are saying is that they'll spend the first few hours of the night...
Quote: Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates Thanks Andre that's exactly how I learned to do it too. Ditto. I'd add that I was also taught to keep a hands' width between my head and the ceiling. All this has me seated closer and higher than what I've seen the typical driver. One of my pet peeves is guys sitting so far back and so low that the B-pillar impedes their visibility - see that a LOT here in Chicago.
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 I had no problems in it and I am 6'2" with a bit over a 34" inseam. Perhaps people have different criteria for comfortable? Mostly, they often are able to kid themselves. I've seen guys cram themselves into cars with their knees up and heads crooked over, and say "What? No, it's a perfect fit!" Truth is, 90% of people on the road don't know the correct seating position for driving anyway. I see tons of...
Quote: Originally Posted by grundletaint LOVE that ride. really wanted one but i'm too tall to be comfortable in it. I'm 6'1" with a 34" inseam and I think that's pushing it as far as height, but I've seen guys 6'4" or so say theyre comfortable What's weird is I tried the M Roadster and I swear it had more legroom, though BMW says they're the same.
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 Audi R8 V10, Black on Black, Carbon Package Interior & Blades, Alcantara Headliner. Perfection inside and out. I like the R8 as well. I've got no plans to get one, but supposedly some friends of mine have a pool on when I'll show up driving one. Here's my current favorite, though - I liked it enough to buy one new: This is what I'd most likely replace the M Coupe with:
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Man...where is this? I've seen my share of ratty chicago apartment basements but never with a (landlord approved) keg. I moved in to my current place in January and have had a conversation with only one roommate (seemed like we would get along but he was subletting and might already be gone since I have not seen him again). This was 20 years ago; the building was managed by the owner's son, an aging hippy in...
Quote: Originally Posted by TrojanGarb Some sort of gym club sport that's not at all competitive A cooking class? For the sport, I'd recommend running, which trends more towards supportive than competitive. The women tend to have nice legs as well For cooking class - a buddy of mine recently took a cake-baking class with his wife and made two discoveries: full of chicks (he was the only guy - not a huge surprise) and a lot of drywall...