or Connect

Posts by epb

Quote: Originally Posted by TrojanGarb Some sort of gym club sport that's not at all competitive A cooking class? For the sport, I'd recommend running, which trends more towards supportive than competitive. The women tend to have nice legs as well For cooking class - a buddy of mine recently took a cake-baking class with his wife and made two discoveries: full of chicks (he was the only guy - not a huge surprise) and a lot of drywall...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard ...people form bonds faster when they're in unfamiliar situations. So your best bet (aside from the hobbies thing) is definitely to seek out other people who are fresh. Some (surprisingly) good advice from SF on this one. I moved to Chicago from KY, and my big mistake was moving to the suburbs that first year. When my lease was up, I moved into the city where I saw tons of people around my age, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Beta I cant get over 414 hp with only 300 trq, when i drive with my buddy it just seems like he really has to get on it to get it to go (into the scary territory) This coming from a CTSV driver, which i bought explicitly to not have to get on it to get it to move...I don't want to have to wind my engine that high. As Americans we're used to tons of low-down torque, and in general don't like revving a lot. That's...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah The iphone has at numerous times supposed to appear on verizon's network and still hasn't. Don't get your heart set on anything. As the article in WSJ points out, they've pretty much reached market saturation with AT&T. The only way to grow from this point is add another large carrier. I can't imagine Apple planned to stick with AT&T forever, permanently limiting their market share.
Yep, I admire them but don't aspire to one. I think I'd prefer an MG TD or TF if I were going for an ash-framed Brit roadster.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay As you may know, the SUV saved Porsche from financial trouble when it was introduced years ago. No. The Boxster saved Porsche from financial trouble in the 90s, along with insane profitability on the 996. The Cayenne was simply a cash cow that took them to greater heights as far as profits go, and the Panamera was supposed to take over that role as Cayenne sales tapered off.
Quote: Originally Posted by epb BMW Z4 M Coupe running CSLs and a 3.91 final drive: Smart Fortwo for commuting: Update: replace the Smart Fortwo with this:
Quote: Originally Posted by rocks Btw, speaking of the E46 M3, are there any cases of sub-frame problems on 05 and 06 cars? I am still contemplating buying a ZCP sometime next year. I have owned 2 non M E46's without this problem. All E46s are prone to the problem, as there were no changes made to the chassis over the production run to cure it; that said, it's pretty rare, statistically. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by msanfilippo is buying a car safe on ebay? what's are good choices of payment that protect the buyer? You have to know what you're doing - as a rule of thumb, you should know at least as much about the car as the person selling it, if not more; history, typical issues, opton packages, the going prices, etc. Equipped with such knowledge, you can spot the BS artist a mile away. I've bought the following cars via...
Quote: Originally Posted by bawlin There's nothing wrong with driving your Phantom. Maybach, on the other hand.. yes. Technically, the Phantom model name applies to limousines, hence chauffeurs. The Silver line was always for owner-drivers (Ghost, Dawn, Cloud, Shadow, Spirit/Spur, Seraph). BMW has dropped the "silver" but is recycling the Ghost name for their new owner-driver RR.