or Connect

Posts by epb

Quote: Originally Posted by rocks Btw, speaking of the E46 M3, are there any cases of sub-frame problems on 05 and 06 cars? I am still contemplating buying a ZCP sometime next year. I have owned 2 non M E46's without this problem. All E46s are prone to the problem, as there were no changes made to the chassis over the production run to cure it; that said, it's pretty rare, statistically. Quote: Originally Posted by...
Quote: Originally Posted by msanfilippo is buying a car safe on ebay? what's are good choices of payment that protect the buyer? You have to know what you're doing - as a rule of thumb, you should know at least as much about the car as the person selling it, if not more; history, typical issues, opton packages, the going prices, etc. Equipped with such knowledge, you can spot the BS artist a mile away. I've bought the following cars via...
Quote: Originally Posted by bawlin There's nothing wrong with driving your Phantom. Maybach, on the other hand.. yes. Technically, the Phantom model name applies to limousines, hence chauffeurs. The Silver line was always for owner-drivers (Ghost, Dawn, Cloud, Shadow, Spirit/Spur, Seraph). BMW has dropped the "silver" but is recycling the Ghost name for their new owner-driver RR.
I like the R8, but I'm with the others - if you're planning to daily drive the thing, I'd suggest an E92 M3 or Porsche 997 (maybe C4). The BMW would be more practical, and the Porsche would handle inclement weather better thanks to the rear weight bias. I saw a C4S chugging along in Chicago's snow storm just yesterday, in fact. For myself, I've got no bias against 4-season driving as a rule, but if you've got a low front end you're just abusing the car. I got tired of...
Quote: Originally Posted by montyharding So my question to those more constantly in tune with a sense of style is, excepting the ubiquitous and weak-sauce iPhone, what handheld or wearable would fit best into your life, and why? The very idea is ridiculous. Either get a pocket protector, some horn-rimmed glasses and leave the forum and all thoughts of style and elegance behind, or accept that you're kidding yourself about your need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Just about the perfect BMW. Nope.
Quote: Originally Posted by krillin should i put a couple of 2 seaters face to face? get an L shaped sofa? should i just get an awesome audio system and put that in the place for the flat screen? my place is a small 2 bedroom. Ya know, I don't own a tv and I came up with your first suggestion - I've got two matching leather camelback loveseats facing each other over a footrest/coffee table thing, next to my bookcases. But then, I don't have...
I'd seriously just get a lightly used E90 M3 before I'd bother with this. Thanks to EDC, the days of the M3 being less "livable" on a daily basis is a thing of the past.
I liiked the Z4 M Coupe from the get-go, and still think it's a beautiful car. Others I also really like, still in production: BMW E92 3-series coupe Audi S5 Audi TT coupe Chevrolet Camaro Porsche Cayman S Used, there's all sorts of stuff out there for under $80k. I think that would get you an Aston Martin V8 Vantage or Bentley Continental GT nowadays.
^I had one a while back. I had romantic notions of being a novelist and wrote my first manuscript ("The Cain Principle") on one. It was cool, sitting there day after day cranking out the pages with a homey clacking from the typewriter, the satsifying "ding!" as I finished each line, the pauses filled with changing ribbons and loading fresh pages. Unfortunately, I lived in a studio apartment at the time, converted from a girls' school dormitory, so the rooms were tiny...