or Connect

Posts by epb

Quote: Originally Posted by montyharding So my question to those more constantly in tune with a sense of style is, excepting the ubiquitous and weak-sauce iPhone, what handheld or wearable would fit best into your life, and why? The very idea is ridiculous. Either get a pocket protector, some horn-rimmed glasses and leave the forum and all thoughts of style and elegance behind, or accept that you're kidding yourself about your need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Just about the perfect BMW. Nope.
Quote: Originally Posted by krillin should i put a couple of 2 seaters face to face? get an L shaped sofa? should i just get an awesome audio system and put that in the place for the flat screen? my place is a small 2 bedroom. Ya know, I don't own a tv and I came up with your first suggestion - I've got two matching leather camelback loveseats facing each other over a footrest/coffee table thing, next to my bookcases. But then, I don't have...
I'd seriously just get a lightly used E90 M3 before I'd bother with this. Thanks to EDC, the days of the M3 being less "livable" on a daily basis is a thing of the past.
I liiked the Z4 M Coupe from the get-go, and still think it's a beautiful car. Others I also really like, still in production: BMW E92 3-series coupe Audi S5 Audi TT coupe Chevrolet Camaro Porsche Cayman S Used, there's all sorts of stuff out there for under $80k. I think that would get you an Aston Martin V8 Vantage or Bentley Continental GT nowadays.
^I had one a while back. I had romantic notions of being a novelist and wrote my first manuscript ("The Cain Principle") on one. It was cool, sitting there day after day cranking out the pages with a homey clacking from the typewriter, the satsifying "ding!" as I finished each line, the pauses filled with changing ribbons and loading fresh pages. Unfortunately, I lived in a studio apartment at the time, converted from a girls' school dormitory, so the rooms were tiny...
Quote: Originally Posted by suited Oh, and the handling? Yea, I see the people who buy these cars everyday. They drive them up and down Collins or Biscayne in 30mph traffic. I always chuckle when people bring up the handling to justify the .1% of buyers who may take their Porsche to a track 1 day a year. People don't buy these cars for the "handling". Pretending so is just plain silly. Again, you could say that about anything. State of...
Quote: Originally Posted by suited The price of these cars for the performance has never, ever been a "deal". You can build a faster car for a fraction of that money. You could also just get a motorcycle. But no modified car will ever have the fit and finish of a production car like this, because the Porsche turbo has been built by dozens (maybe hundreds) of talented professionals with considerable resources at hand. You're not going to...
Quote: Originally Posted by x26 And re: Leatherette: You need your head examined if your such a "Small-Timer" you can convince yourself that it's "almost" as nice as leather for a cost savings of $1250. I bought my M Coupe new and plan to keep it until I'm so old I can't get in and out anymore; for that reason, I wish they'd offered leatherette. The BMW vinyl, like Mercedes-Benz's, lasts and looks good forever. The leather, not so much.
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter yes, thanks. it is cold, but I used to be a shorts in winter type of guy. now I am freezing. Which is likely the real issue - because you had your own insulation, you didn't learn how to dress properly for a Chicago winter. Get a decent coat and some gloves, maybe wear a sweater, you'll be fine.