or Connect

Posts by epb

CPO E90 M3, which are running in the 40s and low 50s. Daily driver practical, sports car performance, with the intial depreciation scraped off.
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr I guess the guy who pays $425,000 for this beamer can park it beside his LFA They did this with the previous Z4 as well. The full-on race version of the E86 coupe was ~$400,000.
Anyone read this or tried the diet? A non-vegetarian friend of mine read Thrive Fitness recently because he's training for his second marathon and was really upset with how long his recovery time was from the first. He's tried some of the shakes from the book and was really pleased with his recovery time and energy levels after his weekend long run (13 miles). I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and seen similar results.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn I don't think I've ever seen one of these on the road. You wouldn't - I don't think we get many Alpinas here, aside from the BMW-sanctioned watered-down versions like the Z8 and a type of 7-series. There was an E28 Alpina for sale on 6-speed not too long ago, though.
Very nice - I'm a big fan of non-red Ferraris.
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr It didn't say anything about only offering it to existing Aston owners. Maybe not there, but there was something in Autocar to that effect a while back. Similar to a scheme over here when some Mercedes-Benz dealers were throwing in a free Smart Fortwo with the purchase of an S-class.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Funny, that reminds me of the time this girl at work started speaking Etruscan to me while I was by the water cooler. I looked at her like she just told me I had great-looking wrists and hands. Then the rest of my female coworkers swarmed me and started jabbering away in Etruscan. I'm always reminded of it when I read Herodotus. I'm not surprised - like I said, people are strange. And what's weirder,...
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay The dealership experience is what led me to switch from BMW to another brand. I'm lucky that Chicago has several BMW dealers, and at least a few seem to be pretty good. I've gotten decent service from my current dealer, Perillo, now that I've cleared up the whole "don't EVER wash my car" issue. They rarely know what they're talking about beyond the most basic issues, but that seems to be every type of car...
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 It's more fun to debate cars than my internet persona. Oh yeah, this has been a party for the rest of us as well.
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 Do you actually have an intelligent counter argument? Didn't think so. Your analogy was hopelessly flawed and you have yet to provide any examples. What we've established - at least, to your satisfaction - is that you're much more intelligent than I am, and completely unbiased on this issue; I leave it in your able hands to come up with a cogent, succint counter-argument.