or Connect

Posts by epb

Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter yes, thanks. it is cold, but I used to be a shorts in winter type of guy. now I am freezing. Which is likely the real issue - because you had your own insulation, you didn't learn how to dress properly for a Chicago winter. Get a decent coat and some gloves, maybe wear a sweater, you'll be fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican I've never owned a new car, and have owned two El Caminos and a 65 Dart, so I'm not terrified of going to the shop once in a while. Sounds good, then. From that perspective, I'd first find a good local shop and let them know you're looking for one; odds are they'll know a customer with a good car looking to move to another model. Oh, and thanks for the comments on the M Coupe guys.
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican I know a couple people on the forum drive Jags. Let's say I bought a Jaguar XJ-S coupe from the late 80s, in good shape. What would it cost to own? I work from home, so I really don't put a lot of miles on the odometer. Maybe 5K a year. Ignore ImageWIS on this matter, and wait for the actual owners to chime in. I'll sort of second turboman's advice that when you decide to run an old car, you...
delete
Quote: Originally Posted by Jbreen1 And everywhere I've looked, the exterior has gotten criticism but I think it's great. It's masculine looking and sporty but with some sophistication imo. I'm surprised the looks are criticised - the XF is one of the best looking cars on the road right now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Benzito ^^^ Remember Coca-Cola the "new Coke" experiment? How long did that last? Don't fuck with a winner. Don't tell the car companies, tell the governments - most changes are done to meet safety and emissions regs. With the ancient technology Ford kept using in Mustangs (drum brakes, solid axles) it's pretty clear they wouldn't change a thing if they didn't have to. Left to their own devices, the original...
Quote: Originally Posted by Benzito Call me when a new car looks as nice as these. Porsche and Mustang are still using the basic template.
CPO E90 M3, which are running in the 40s and low 50s. Daily driver practical, sports car performance, with the intial depreciation scraped off.
Quote: Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr I guess the guy who pays $425,000 for this beamer can park it beside his LFA They did this with the previous Z4 as well. The full-on race version of the E86 coupe was ~$400,000.
Anyone read this or tried the diet? A non-vegetarian friend of mine read Thrive Fitness recently because he's training for his second marathon and was really upset with how long his recovery time was from the first. He's tried some of the shakes from the book and was really pleased with his recovery time and energy levels after his weekend long run (13 miles). I was wondering if anyone else had tried it and seen similar results.