or Connect

Posts by epb

It's weird. I ride year-round in Chicago if the roads are clear and it's not the rides in the teens and twenties that get me, it's the chilly days after it's supposed to be warm, as I'm not geared up. We had a morning in the 50s last week that had my hands and face freezing without my heavy-duty gloves and neck gaiter.
The adorable part is me assuming they're father and son. This was near Boystown, so it could have been some young dude and his sugar daddy.
While out riding this morning, saw a fun visual - a guy in his 20s riding a Street Triple with his dad, who was on an old Bonneville.
Well, he was good in Groundhog Day.
Th second jacket has more leather, more danced materials, and more safety features. Whether they're worth the money is another thing...
I pay $180/year to GEICO for the CB400, full coverage, which is about $60/year more than liability. Yeah, I could buy another for about a grand if something happened, but with the difference being less than what I spend on Starbucks every month, why not get it?
I've always liked the Monster but the Streetfighter 848 is my favorite Ducati right now - very under-rated bike. Surely the thousands saved will offset any potential warranty issues? I can't see it worth going for new.
I much prefer a backpack to bungees and cargo nets, though I've got both. Like the above poster, I'm paranoid about a load coming off the bike and with a backpack I know it's secure. I use my cargo net when I've got something too awkward-shaped to fit my backpack, or because the pack is full (last time was a box of wine for a pizza party).
Nope, the riding position is very upright and there's minimal wind protection. Cracks me up to see guys riding around downtown Chicago on adventure bikes with motocross helmets.
I know. The mistake was getting the CBR600RR last year - though I didn't fall in love with the bike, I did fall in love with the idea of a modern bike - it's a much nicer riding experience than my Hawk GT and Hawk II. In the end, I decided to keep the Hawk II because it's the bike I started with, and I knew I'd get more for the new bike fund selling the GT. Ironically, the buyer bought it because it was the same as his first bike, and he was very pleased with it, seeing...