or Connect

Posts by epb

Not really. And most of those places prohibit working on vehicles there.
Actually, I read hipster as meaning "young"; I'm in my mid-50s. That puts me at old enough to be nostalgic for these bikes but dismayed at how porky or pokey the new ones are. I sold my old CB400t and resigned myself to getting a Street Triple, FZ-09, or GSX-650F , which are all good bikes but lack the retro feel I've wanted. That's why the Scrambler appeals.
I'm pretty far from being a hipster but think they've got something with this bike. It's got decent power compared to the SR400, TU250X, and Royal Enfield Bullet or Continental GT; it's a lot lighter than the Bonneville, or CB1100; it's got better ride height than the Bolt, Sportster and their analogs. Really, my sole criticism is pretty mild - they shouldn't have called it a Scrambler. Calling it a GT75 or GT800 would have fit their history and left expectations open. I...
A car is great if I need to get somewhere with a lot of stuff quickly. If I have the time, I'd much rather take a bike, use county/state roads and risk having to ride in a bit of inclement weather.
Out of left field: Yamaha's Star Bolt R-spec. Not too pricey, decent power, and very different than an HP4.
Seems like a fun, laid-back place to work. The founder, Anthony Bucci, replies to posts on their forums (Zhub) and YouTube channel, and someone on advrider stopped by the store while on a cross-country ride and he left a meeting to pose for pictures and give her some swag. As a customer, I've had no problems with them on multiple orders.
Is that a CB500? Came out well enough, I think. Those tanks with the flap covers just don't look good, but I like the matte paint.
That's some of their model line, but they've got some decent ones as well. Another alternative is CE-rated Premiere models but though they make them here, no one seems to sell them in the US.
Magnet to help hold it closed. Four hundred for those is too pricey, though it'd be a nice companion helmet to my Bell Custom. I think I'd go with a Biltwell Gringo.
I hate that this attitude is so prevalent. Motorcycles make sense in a lot of scenarios (electrics even more so), but the US market seeing riding as just a fun hobby is what keeps the market from expanding here. Then everyone grouses "why don't WE get that bike?" All the excitement over the "retro" SR400 (BikeExif has another cool custom of one up, btw) - they've been making that bike the entire time. Sometime in the 80s, we stopped seeing them as transportation and more...