or Connect

Posts by epb

When Huge Moto first announced this, they said it would fit the CBR600RR with a little modding. I think the kit would be better suited to the 600, and they'd sell more as the planets crawling with low-sided middle-weights.
I've got one of the reflective vests. You feel like an idiot the first few minutes wearing it, but when riding in Chicago it seemed like a good idea. Now that I live in rural KY, where the roads I ride on are mostly empty anyway, I just go with my gear (which has reflective stripes or piping anyway).
These worries are what have kept me from owning an MV Agusta Brutale. I never found much support for them in Chicago; now I'm in rural KY so I know it's off the table. Maybe a Ducati...My W650 Scrambler project isn't happening, btw. Seller went with someone local before I could pick it up over the weekend. My brother's livid but really, I've sold enough bikes and cars via Craigslist to know if you've got a buyer in front of you, you don't hesitate.
I definitely plan to try one of Arai's helmets when my Icon Alliance is due to replace; I've got a long oval as well and the Signet-Q seems to be THE helmet for that shape.
Looking at at W650 this weekend, which might become my first custom project. I've always liked the Bonneville-based Scrambler but think the retro Triumphs are needlessly heavy. The Kawasaki is about 50lbs lighter and I suspect you could shave another 50 off with a battery change and aftermarket exhaust, so a Scrambler version would be awesome even without the power of the Triumph. Something like this with high...
Thinkpad 10 tablet. So far, so good...
The weight has always been my biggest gripe about the Triumph Scrambler - the Ducati is much lighter and has more power.I've been thinking vintage scrambler for my first project bike, with my top candidate being the Honda CLs, but I'm torn between the overall usability of the CL350/450 models and the better off-road capability of the lighter stuff like a CL175.
I liked the references to Iron Fist - given the fight scenes for this it should be pretty good. Nice tie-in having organized crime taking advantage of all the construction required after the last Avengers movie as well!
You could get a Vinago (Virago made into a Vincent replica).
I've spent most of the winter looking for a project but nothing local has been worth it. Being a Honda guy, I wanted a CL450/350 to fix up but no luck. It looks like I'll just wait another month and buy a W650 or Bonnie.