or Connect

Posts by epb

Yeah, I've got a dilemma - I've got two vacation days left this year, and I'm wondering if I want to burn one of them on Friday to binge-watch this On Saturday, everyone I know will be off work and want to do something, so delaying a day would likely mean I only get in a couple of eps over the weekend.
I like the Stylmartins, but when I was shopping no one had them in my size (15); I wound up going with Rev'It Ginzas, which I like quite a bit.
Ditto. I commuted by bike for years so I was in the rain often, and it seemed no motorcycle tires are made for it this side of off-road types. Now I typically look for a Starbucks, pull out my Kindle and wait it out. Rain and I have a troubled relationship anyway - every time I decided to ride it out, it got worse; every time I decided to pull over, it stopped immediately! :-)
Why would she be? They shaved her head at the lab, but she's out now. No reason she can't let it grow.
The dry clutches always sound broken to me. The S4R and faster bikes would be overkill for the kind of riding I'll be doing (winding country roads at 60mph or so), and what's got me thinking about the 696/796 Monsters is they're about the same power and price as the old S2R but have ABS standard. Here's the current front runner in my browser:And a note about dummies on Craigslist. Some poor guy in dire financial straits has been trying to sell his 2014 Monster for five...
I've always liked the SF, but like many it's more bike than I'll ever need. The Monster is on my radar again as the non-swelling tank models are now pretty affordable; there's a 2013 696 near me for just $5200 asking. Tempting and sensible (as a Duc purchase can be, anyway) but I keep getting drawn towards a couple of S2Rs in the area for around the same money, but they're smack dab in the swelling tank years, though it doesn't seem to be as big a deal here in KY/OH area,...
Well, if you figure as cost per pound, I'm sure the Harley is a great value. ;-)I've been shopping for a vintage bike on Craigslist lately. Now I get why people always ask if you still have the bike - I've answered five ads for a Moto Guzzi 850T (see below) only to find the bike was sold but they never took down the ad; almost a month later, one of the ads is still up.The one owner who did still have the bike he was advertising turned out to be flakey as hell. I may go...
Aw, man - I was rooting for Welling.
Curious to see how the cast changes. Apparently some of the recurring characters have already said they aren't moving to Vancouver. I was actually surprised by one cast member - the second I heard this I figured Flockhart was out. I've never been big on her "Devil Wears Prada" take on Cat Grant, but she seems to be enjoying the role. At her size, scenery chewing may be all she gets to enjoy these days.
I haven't ridden either yet, but I'd go for the XSR900. It seems like the RNineT seems a bit like a Ducati - the owners love them but they require a lot of fiddling; the Yamaha just seems like a better-looking FZ-09 with the (fueling) bugs worked out. Yeah, you'd have to play with the suspension, but I expect to do that with anything.