or Connect

Posts by SVS

I scored a pair of Norwich in shell during the sale. I went up in width because several people suggested they were tight in the toes. My shoes aren't overly loose and my heel isn't slipping but they don't have the typically sung pre-break in feeling. Should I be concerned? Could I add an extra hole to the monk strap to tighten the shoes if needed?
I have three identically sized shirts from Modern Tailor. One the with a center pleat, one with side pleats and one with no pleats. The box pleat is great and the side pleat is ok, but the shirt with no pleats is tight across the shoulders when I move. Should I increase the yolk size?
Scored a pair of Norwich in brown shell. Not sure about the size in the last so I hope it fits well.
What are your thoughts on the Norwich in brown shell? I haven't seen one in person. It looks like it will either be very versatile or a mess that doesn't look right with anything. I'd most wear casually or with an odd jacket.
Is a cap-toe blucher a casual or dress shoe? The blucher is casual and the cap-toe is formal. These just don't seem to go together. Do these shoes look good? Am I the only person thinks this is a strange combo?
Do the $35 recrafting cards work on sale items? The card indicates it does not, but my sales associate seems willing to accept it.
I’m walking a several miles a day on downtown city streets in all types of weather. Of course, I wear appropriate shoes when the weather is nasty, but that can’t always be predicted. My leather soled shoes are just not holding up. (I rotate the shoes, but have still had to resole a pair after four months.) I expect to recraft a few pairs of Allen Edmonds soon. Would the V-Tread (aka combination sole) or Rendenbach be considerably more durable? Anything else I should...
Thanks. I'll do that.
I’m walking a several miles a day on downtown city streets in all types of weather. Of course, I wear appropriate shoes when the weather is nasty, but that can’t always be predicted. My leather soled shoes are just not holding up. (I rotate the shoes, but have still had resole a pair after four months.) I expect to recraft a few pairs of Allen Edmonds soon. Would the V-Tread (aka combination sole) or Rendenbach be considerably more durable? Anything else I should...
I live and work in downtown. It's a 20+ minute walk to and from the office in all sorts of weather ... windy, raining, snowing, etc. It's nearly impossible to drive or take a cab.) I have top coats, rain coats, and the typically casual coats. However, I don't have anything that holds up the cold, rain and wind and still looks acceptable with dress pants and a sport coat. I'd like something full-length or, at least, three-quarter. I'm only going to wear in the most...