or Connect

Posts by SVS

Do the $35 recrafting cards work on sale items? The card indicates it does not, but my sales associate seems willing to accept it.
I’m walking a several miles a day on downtown city streets in all types of weather. Of course, I wear appropriate shoes when the weather is nasty, but that can’t always be predicted. My leather soled shoes are just not holding up. (I rotate the shoes, but have still had to resole a pair after four months.) I expect to recraft a few pairs of Allen Edmonds soon. Would the V-Tread (aka combination sole) or Rendenbach be considerably more durable? Anything else I should...
Thanks. I'll do that.
I’m walking a several miles a day on downtown city streets in all types of weather. Of course, I wear appropriate shoes when the weather is nasty, but that can’t always be predicted. My leather soled shoes are just not holding up. (I rotate the shoes, but have still had resole a pair after four months.) I expect to recraft a few pairs of Allen Edmonds soon. Would the V-Tread (aka combination sole) or Rendenbach be considerably more durable? Anything else I should...
I live and work in downtown. It's a 20+ minute walk to and from the office in all sorts of weather ... windy, raining, snowing, etc. It's nearly impossible to drive or take a cab.) I have top coats, rain coats, and the typically casual coats. However, I don't have anything that holds up the cold, rain and wind and still looks acceptable with dress pants and a sport coat. I'd like something full-length or, at least, three-quarter. I'm only going to wear in the most...
Which service are you using? Are you happy with it?
Has anyone used a virtual mailbox? I’m thinking of having all of my mail sent to a service that will allow me to manage it online … basically let them know what to scan, forward or destroy. According to Google, there are several services that do this, but I’d much prefer a recommendation from someone who has used the service.
I want a pair of light gray wingtips. What would these match? (I was thinking casual navy pants and jeans, but I'm not sure.)
Allen Edmonds brown Parker suede penny loafer in 10.5M. I picked these up a few years ago and they didn't fit. The shoes have been worn inside a few times but they never worked for me. I'd like to ship before I go back to the office in a few days. Make an offer.
Do black cap toes look good anything other than a suit? Can the really be worn with anything else?