or Connect

Posts by PeterParker

Quote: Originally Posted by eightdouble anyone here have the indy shoe? http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co.../of-my-design/ Courtesy of jasonfoote303 Quote: Originally Posted by PorterInjax Just bought the Ravello boots from Epaulet and the Cordovan Roy from Context so couldn't really justify the Plaza wingtips but man o' man...I really like the way the Plaza last fits. Wasn't aware that that was on the radar......
So, who picked up the Cigar Plaza Wingtip boots on the 'bay? Those are gorgeous. And who's going to pick up the Cigar Barrie Wingtip boot?
Quote: Originally Posted by PorterInjax That would be me! Seriously, put them on one morning, went to JAX, long layover in ATL, then DTW with a missed connection, then on to LSE. Probably a 10 hour wear. They haven't been on feet since then. Can anyone tell me how to post pics? I read one of the "how to's" yet still ended up with hyperlinks instead of the pics Those are the same photos from this eBay listing that ended a week ago. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by makewayhomer I asked this upthread, but wanted a couple more opinions: for those of you who own high boots without speed hooks (ie with normal eyelets all the way up) how hard is it for you to get your boots on? do you need to unlace the top 2/3/4 eyelets each time, then relace them? or is unlacing not necessary? Unlacing is unnecessary. If you look at the photo I posted a page or two upthread, you'll see...
^^^ Yes, in my experience the Barrie last is pointier and narrower than the Trubalance. Barrie Last: The leftmost boot is the Barrie lasted boot, and the one in the middle is Trubalance, both the same size (the right most boot is also Trubalance, but a different size). It's not really apparent in this photo but I can assure you that the Barrie is narrower because I had to sell the Barrie boots because they were too cramped (widthwise) in the forefoot. In comparison,...
Quote: Originally Posted by ninja07 would be great to see some pics of your commando sole cigar indys with jeans. I currently only own the standard 405 indys - I love them as I can wear them the entire weekdays to work with jeans as well but when the need for dressier occasions arises I find them difficult to wear. Looking to get a pair of shell boots (cigar or ravello) but still cannot decide on which one. The cigar indys could be a likely candidate but...
Those Plaza captoes are perfect. Everything about that configuration (last, eyelets, welt, sole, leather) is in balance, and that patina is amazing. They've lightened considerably to a cigar hue which is just lovely. Care to share some information about the amount of wear and the maintenance on those, Aries83? I'm always awed whenever you post pictures of those boots.
Quote: Originally Posted by percy a lot of people seem to wear or own the indy and i know it comes in a lot of varieties now, but what is the consensus on soles? what sole unit do people prefer best? which is best for all round wear and which is regarded as most comfortable? also, if you could put any sole on yours what would you choose? I agree with what people have said about the Indy boot being most appropriate with jeans. It does...
Tom, How old are those Ravello PTBs? With all the discussion about the changes in colour of Ravello I'm curious about the vintage of that pair and how they've aged (i.e. have they darkened with wear?). They look wonderful!
Moulded Shoe http://mouldedshoe.com/alden1.html Specializes in Modified Last, located in NYC. Epaulet http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...den/Categories Special items, located in Brooklyn, NY.