or Connect

Posts by PeterParker

***CONTACT*** PM ONLY ***PAYMENT*** Paypal only (must have a verified account with a confirmed home address) =========================================================================== 3sixteen SL-200x Size 32 BNWT Brand new and unworn with tag (tag already detached from the jeans when I received them). Measurements Waist 34.5" (17.25" across) Thigh (at crotch, BiG style) 11.75" Thigh (1" below crotch, Self Edge style) 11.5" Knee (13" below crotch) 8.75" Leg...
Quote: Originally Posted by Beyachad IMO, those are some of the best looking boots I have seen in a long time. I spoke to the folks at Shoemart and they said the boots were on the Barrie last, which helps explain the sleekness and more modern look than a traditional Indy on a Trubalance last. I have been debating between these and sand suede boots, but seeing your pictures pushed me to order the natural chromexcel boots instead. I am scratching my head as...
Quote: Originally Posted by triumphman I do realize that the ones pictured are from the Grant last, but just an FYI - Unionmade is coming out w/ them on the Barrie last this week... but, thanks to all for your opinions...think I have decided to go w/ the Indy's...I think... FWIW, the reverse welt on the Unionmade cap toe will also dress down the boot for more casual wear. I also prefer the shape of the Barrie last over the Grant, and there...
Quote: Originally Posted by spudnik99 Are any of the usual suspects (Leather Soul, The Shoe Mart, Leffot, Union Made, Epaulet et cetera) going to or have done a Natural Chromexcel Wingtip Boot? http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/201...ists-revealed/ Quote: The Natural Wingtip Boot Wingtip High Boot Plaza Last Horween Natural Chromexcel All Blind Eyelets Regular Welt, Close Heel Antique Edgetrim Single Oiled Leather Flex...
http://theagatineeyelet.wordpress.co...-and-modified/ courtesy of jasonfoote303
Quote: Originally Posted by triumphman need your opinions on which to pull the trigger on... both are corodovan color 8 / barrie last / commando sole cap toe (these are not well represented in this pic) indy I originally wanted the cap toe's as i prefer this styling, but the indy's look good too (moc toe styling is ok) The Indy boot is on the Trubalance last. Consensus is that the shape of the Barrie last is more suitable for formal dress...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 I asked this question earlier, but didn't get feedback so I thought I would try again. I currently have a pair of 8.5D Indy boots that fit a bit long in the toe box. I am thinking of going down a half size to an 8, but going with an 8E. Tom, you have any thoughts on this, or anyone else? Thanks. I have Trubalance boots in 9.5D and 9E. The 9.5D doesn't feel too long because I have wide feet, and the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelPemulis Can someone help me ID these? I purchased them off the bay, and am not sure what they actually are. I am considering getting them resoled, as there is some wear on the heels which makes them feel funny as they aren't worn like I was walking in them (lol). At any rate, was hoping that someone could let me know what they actually are. Appreciate the help in advance. They look like they're on the...
^^^ Yes, this is the proper way to size shoes, according to the Brannock device: http://www.brannock.com/cgi-bin/star...tructions.html Quote: Compare the arch length to the heel-to-toe length. Generally you'll use the larger of the two measurements as the correct shoe size. If the arch length and heel-to-toe length are the same, this will be the shoe size. If the heel-to-toe length is larger than the arch length, then fit to the heel-to-toe size. If arch...
Quote: Originally Posted by Spaghettimatt Yeah. Debating doing it and making them my winter boot. It's hard to pull the trigger on $435 though. Unless you live within 30 degrees of the equator where it never snows, or you're referring to the Kudu Indy's with the lug sole, this is a bad idea. The neoprene sole of the standard 403/405 is hardly suitable for winter conditions. The only Alden soles that are remotely appropriate for winter are the...