or Connect

Posts by PeterParker

Fit looks good for pre-soak, if I understood you correctly. A hot soak or wash will easily shrink those an inch in the waist, and if you so desire, you can throw them in the dryer until slightly damp to get even more shrinkage out. I would NOT size down on those. They might fit well without a soak, but you probably won't fit into them ever again if you ever wash them.
Quote: Originally Posted by lagsun Does this help at all? Far right is the the Kudu boot from Leffot The Kudu in this picture shows a striking resemblance in color to #8 cordovan. According to Leather Soul, the Kudu leather is treated in a similar manner to cordovan so that would seem appropriate. Suddenly I'm wishing that I had a pair of Kudu Ultimate Indy's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bugsy Slab- nice collection, can you tell us which are which? for the novice, thanks. Quote: Originally Posted by SLAB from top left to bottom right Red Wing 875 Whites Semi Dress (for trade) Alden cordovan #8 jumper Alden calf kidskin cap toe boots Alden Roy chrome excel PTB Alden Indy (canvas lined) All of the Aldens are on the Trubalance last, except the kidskin boots which...
Quote: Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL We actually have the Pitt Boot on order in brown chromexcel too. Are they named the Pitt Boot just because it comes off the tongue easier than "PTBoot"? Or did Brad Pitt insist on shooting his next movie in a pair of Aldens?
Quote: Originally Posted by phantomx48 Does anyone know if the Tan Vegano Calf leather used in the Winn Perry captoe boot is the same color as used in the J. Gilbert Tan Wingtip boot, or the Leathersoul Plaza Indy Boot? I had inquired about this several months prior, assuming that they were the same. Here was Tom's response: Quote: Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL Not true. The Plaza Indys are made with the Burnished Tan...
^ I don't believe that there is a regular production model of a Barrie or Trubalance lasted plain toe boot. Context is the only place I've seen to have a PTBoot in brown chromexcel (the original "Roy" boot). If you're looking for a PTBoot with a crepe sole, Leather Soul stocks one in #8 cordovan. If you're not particular about the crepe sole, there a variety of other options too.
Quote: Originally Posted by jolla I've seen posts saying that you should just get rid of a shoe unless it fits you properly I certainly agree with this advice - especially when applied to $700 shoes. Regardless of cost though, shoes are the worst article of clothing to have ill fitting. The discomfort and potential orthopedic problems it can cause is simply not worth the sacrifice. Quote: Originally Posted by jolla but...
Quote: Originally Posted by MaxK I have a question here, and it's a total n00b one. I see a lot of Alden cordovan shoes with leather soles, and even the Alden crepe rubber has leather tips. I also hear about how cordovan is good in the rain (not torrential downpours, but "inclement weather"), and how the crepe sole is great when it's wet out. Doesn't the leather sole (or tip) wear very poorly when it's wet out? I would think shoes for wet streets...
Quote: Originally Posted by ennui Also wondering if I should Topy my longwings? I searched this thread and did not find much about this. A topy will help to preserve the leather soles so you'll only have to replace the topy and the heel when they get worn. Also provides better traction. Downside is that it doesn't look as clean as a leather sole, and that it may start to delaminate as it wears down. It's a question of practicality and...
I stand corrected regarding the calf vs. cordovan dress shoe debate. Apologies for the misinformation.