or Connect

Posts by PeterParker

Price Increase Savings? Aldens will cost $40 after Feb. 26, but if bought before then they're only $20? Fail at English.
I've had these jeans for two years now. This is what they look like. Enjoy. The warp has been worn near the hem from cuffing. Some roping starting to show at the hem, but limited by a lack of tension in the chainstitch. Broken inseam chainstitch where they were cuffed. I found some details on the jeans that I didn't appreciate before. Tucked belt loops under the waistband. The selvage outseam shows more pronounced fading on one...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn I have 10" MHS. I wear them snowblowing, for soggy commutes, and wore them hiking last weekend in the snow. I find the 10" height ideal - it comfortably allows you to leave the top two lace holes unlaced, as you should on high boots, and means they work well with knee-high gaiters if you're in deep snow. Good product. +1 I have the 10" MHS as well and have worn them in the rain and snow here in the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tcameron After giving up on my dream of Chromexcel Wingtip Aldens from LSW, moved up and dig the Color 8 Shell from Alden of Carmel, the AF79. One thing - I'm not digging the rubber soul - what are my options if I was a leather soul wingtip boot? Shoemart has the #8 wingtip boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole that is regularly...
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterParker This looks like a decent deal on a pair of Whiskey longwings on the'bay: Looks like the seller dropped the BIN price from $550 to $525 from yesterday. Pretty good price on a pretty rare shoe. I have no affiliation to the seller. Whoever bought these at $475 got a steal!
Quote: Originally Posted by university Just got em. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/d...4302/24302.jsp Any suggestions? Light/dark? Colors? Everything? Should have got these instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...2364/32364.jsp
This looks like a decent deal on a pair of Whiskey longwings on the'bay: Looks like the seller dropped the BIN price from $550 to $525 from yesterday. Pretty good price on a pretty rare shoe. I have no affiliation to the seller.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 As someone pointed out, some models have oriental hand stitching on them Aldens are made in China?
Quote: Originally Posted by brothersharp I bought them back in October, and all that I knew was that they looked nice and were handcrafted--therefore being durable to the point of achieving 'lifetime-lasting' status. Luckily, the post holiday blizzard in NY gave me a great chance to see exactly how durable they were. These things do not equate. Shoes last a lifetime from proper maintenance and appropriate wear. Those boots look like they've...
Quote: Originally Posted by false Does Cordovan strech as much / more than calf? I'm an 8.5D according to the Branock device and originally went with an 8D on Trubalance. Ultimately, I found even an eight to give tons of heel slip and play on my right and a little on the left and crippling pain on long days because of the lack of arch support or support/cushion in the forefoot. Thicker socks magnified the problem unfortunately. When I visited the...