or Connect

Posts by PeterParker

Quote: Originally Posted by Tcameron After giving up on my dream of Chromexcel Wingtip Aldens from LSW, moved up and dig the Color 8 Shell from Alden of Carmel, the AF79. One thing - I'm not digging the rubber soul - what are my options if I was a leather soul wingtip boot? Shoemart has the #8 wingtip boot on the Barrie last with a double leather sole that is regularly...
Quote: Originally Posted by PeterParker This looks like a decent deal on a pair of Whiskey longwings on the'bay: Looks like the seller dropped the BIN price from $550 to $525 from yesterday. Pretty good price on a pretty rare shoe. I have no affiliation to the seller. Whoever bought these at $475 got a steal!
Quote: Originally Posted by university Just got em. http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/d...4302/24302.jsp Any suggestions? Light/dark? Colors? Everything? Should have got these instead: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_feature/in...2364/32364.jsp
This looks like a decent deal on a pair of Whiskey longwings on the'bay: Looks like the seller dropped the BIN price from $550 to $525 from yesterday. Pretty good price on a pretty rare shoe. I have no affiliation to the seller.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joenobody0 As someone pointed out, some models have oriental hand stitching on them Aldens are made in China?
Quote: Originally Posted by brothersharp I bought them back in October, and all that I knew was that they looked nice and were handcrafted--therefore being durable to the point of achieving 'lifetime-lasting' status. Luckily, the post holiday blizzard in NY gave me a great chance to see exactly how durable they were. These things do not equate. Shoes last a lifetime from proper maintenance and appropriate wear. Those boots look like they've...
Quote: Originally Posted by false Does Cordovan strech as much / more than calf? I'm an 8.5D according to the Branock device and originally went with an 8D on Trubalance. Ultimately, I found even an eight to give tons of heel slip and play on my right and a little on the left and crippling pain on long days because of the lack of arch support or support/cushion in the forefoot. Thicker socks magnified the problem unfortunately. When I visited the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraken This may be a silly question, but do I need a boot tree for my Kudu Ultimate Indy boots? In addition, per this thread I understand that the only care I need to give them is wipe mud/dirt off with no polish/cream/conditioners. Is this correct? Thanks again everyone. The key consideration here is that the evolution of the shoes will reflect how you wear and maintain them. Therefore, if you want your Indy's to...
Quote: Originally Posted by poly800rock is leather soul planning on getting the indy in #8 again? or maybe the 4060 in #8? I believe the #8 Indy is a regularly stocked item at LS (i.e. it gets reordered). Not sure if they carry the 4060 (Grant last captoe). Personally, I think the #8 Plaza last captoe that LS carries is stunning and more attractive than the 4060. Aries83 has a fine example of the #8 Plaza captoe It should also be noted...
Quote: Originally Posted by number9dream I wonder if the heels are different sizes? (For reference, I own the Shoemart boot in Color#8 and the JCrew Cordovan Captoe boot. Both are on the Barrie last, but the heel and overall footprint of the JCrew boot is much narrower and sleeker.) From the pic of the Epaulet boot, it looks more like the JCrew footprint, but I can't tell. Anyone have any ideas? The Shoemart wingtip boot has a 360 degree...