or Connect

Posts by PeterParker

Two statements of fact; however, if you are implying the latter because of the former, I think you are mistaken.Darker dyes make hide coloration less noticeable. A uniform hide is desirable for producing natural and lighter shades of shell.It's been acknowledged that the lighter shell colours (whiskey, ravello, cigar) from Alden as of late have been shades darker than what they were producing several years ago. Speculation is that they are having difficulty sourcing...
I've never had the impression that Aldens were "off the shelf" products; perhaps the staples of the 975 (#8 longwing) and 990 (#8 PTB) would be readily available from retailers (LS included), but I have assumed that any of the special makeups are made in small runs - say 24 pairs, that's ~2 pairs per size from 6-11D. Quantities of rare shells are likely even fewer. Factor in that a lot of these retailers operate on pre-orders, which means a pair of each (common) size is...
You are correct. The Leffot photos show a 270 degree regular welt. I was struggling with the terminology there. Both photos indeed show a close heel, but mr chorizo's appear to have a 270 reverse welt, as on a standard Indy. I prefer the reverse welt over the regular welt.
These natural chromexcel Indy's look like they have a 270 reverse welt, like a standard Indy, whereas the photos on the Leffot blog show a all around regular welt. I am confused...
You mean like this?: http://leffot.com/2011/11/25/alden-x-leffot-natural-cxl/(I think it's actually the 270 degree reverse welt/commando sole combination that makes an "Ultimate Indy")It seems preposterous that Alden would grant any particular retailer exclusive rights to the design of a shoe. There are only so many permutations with the available options that compromises would need to be made to a design for fear of stepping on another retailer's toes (pun intended).
Unusual to see identical "special makeups" from two different retailers; case in point being the "Halleck" from Unionmade and the "Brixton Boot" from Epaulet.
If not the lacing, then the last of the boot does not fit your foot well. The boot is quite distorted at the laces in order to conform to your foot. I can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't look right here.
Something is terribly wrong with the lacing of these boots.
Must be new since they're not online yet. Burnished tan or vegano calf? Looks like the Barrie last. Reminds me of the Winn Perry captoes (which unfortunately didn't fit me). I like the eyelets and pull tab on these though. Nicely done!
***PAYMENT*** Paypal only (must have a verified account with a confirmed home address) ***SHIPPING*** All prices include shipping within Canada and CONUS. =========================================================================== Adidas Originals Roster Mid, Mark Gonzales Edition, Size 10, BNWT Resurrecting these from the dead. Comes with extra set of grey laces. ***$90***