or Connect

Posts by rafaellove

Quote: Originally Posted by polar-lemon I guess this could be the duck-tape equivalent for shoes. Genius !!!
Overshoes - Great for protecting prized possessions, but not very stylish. I've been looking for "see-through", "transparent", "translucent" overshoes so that people can view my stylish shoes (even in the rain - oh how vain haha), but have found none . Anyone aware of their existence? If not, maybe you designers out there (or anyone who has any kind of contact with them) could think of a way of marketing them. I'm sure they'd be quite popular! ~RL
Quote: Originally Posted by scruff This is neither a necessary remark, nor a clever quip. Anyhow, Paul Smith makes a few "hybrid" shoes that may be up your alley. They look better in person than on the website - these would be in black or brown, obviously - I also think lacoste made/makes a wingtip sneaker that straddles the line. anyone knows where i can find these white paul smith hybrid wingtip oxfords / sneakers? ...
Looking at a Gaussian distribution, Theory works quite well as far as price/quality ratio is concerned. Plus, they tend to stay focussed on permanent fashion (90% of the time) as opposed to trendy. Of course, if money was no issue, I'd look more into other makers such as RLPL, Kiton, etc. But, for a 27-year old, Theory works quite well. Maybe I'll mature out of it into a better world, but for now, it fits well as a forecast set of parameters. Finally, Theory can be...
WRT jeans at Filene's, it's a great place for mid-quality denim. If you're looking for japanese denim or high-end label denim such as Versace (which I love), Gucci, etc. you'll be in bad luck. I have found many Yanuks, True Religion, Antik, etc., which are really mid-level in my opinion. They do have quite a selection in this category, however, jeans which are normally +/- $200 would go on sale often for c. $50, before applying a 20% discount. I have only bought a few...
SHOULD: 1) Shoes, shoes, shoes! You can notice the difference between good and bad shoes from a mile away. Plus, you want to spend well on something that has been carefully designed to the contour of your feet, to the pressure points your feet exert, which ultimately affects your spine, your body, and your mind. Many reasons can be given as to why shoes are the most important item a man should spend money on. Think about the interaction between your body and the...
Filene's is a hit or miss. I've been to both the Atlanta (where I live) one and Chicago. When you do find something worthwhile, the discounts can be amazing. Add to that the 20% off coupon you get via email, and you're stealing the cloth! I'd say that 99.9% of the stuff is crap, nonetheless. I have found, however, several nice Theory items where the discount is better than Saks or a Theory employee's discount. Sometimes they have a small selection of Italian items,...