Posts by brokencycle

Also, searching Marvin windows led me to "Old House Guy" which has pages dedicated to how crappy windows are today.
I don't care where they are made. I'm looking to maximize the cost-benefit ratio. I had Pella 450s in the MN house. They were solid enough windows, but the built in shades has my interest because we need all new shades anyway.
Look forward to seeing the results of the stairs, Turk.   I know we had a big discussion about windows recently, but are there any options other than Pella and Anderson in the mid-range space?  I'm looking at probably Pella 750s.  I don't really want to replace the windows because there probably isn't a lot of return in doing it.  The existing windows are wood, but they're the cheapest double pane wood windows money can buy, and putting the screens in today I noticed a...
If people were too full after eating burgers or gyros, there would be a lot less banging in this country
Just search for a Harvy post. He is in his signature.
 Yeah, but are you the kind of successful internet lawyer pulling in $250k as a second year?
 Well, start charging people for that advise.  Oddly, that will probably make more people listen.
How would you profit from it?  If you're talking about the hobo (or fake hobo) at the freeway exit begging for change, unlikely.  If you're getting a scholarship or grant or job, then yes because you're committing fraud, and typically there are legal papers being filled out*.*This doesn't constitution legal advice, as I'm not an attorney, so you should probably hire one of our resident attorneys to advise you. Edit: It looks like Congress passed the Stolen Valor Act of...
 That's even more crazy because the Stolen Valor Act was ruled unconstitutional, so you can go buy a Medal of Honor, wear it and tell everyone what you did to earn it, and there are no legal consequences.  If you're in the military, they can surely punish you under Article 134 of the UMCJ (this is for in uniform or civilian clothes). You can be dishonorably discharged and face up to 6 months in the brig for such an offense. A dude got caught doing just that at a UNC...
 I think it is trying to impress people who can't tell they are a fraud.  In college, I worked with a guy who was a pathological liar and just couldn't help himself.  He was talking to a customer one day who was a Vietnam veteran, and he proceeded to say "oh me too."  Then when the guy asked him about what unit he was in, etc, he couldn't answer.  It was totally bizarre, but he did that on all kinds of things.  When he learned I was studying computer engineering, he would...