or Connect

Posts by 518aata

Quote: Originally Posted by deveandepot1 Could you post measurements for the Brooks? Just the outsole length and width. Sorry for the delay. The outsole measurements for the Brooks English are 11 7/8" x 4 1/8".
It's hard to say, as they are three different sizes from three different makers. However, I don't think the Sanders would fit, especially if you a true size 11. The Brooks should be closer, as should be the AE patent leather shoes.
11/13: Added brand new pair of Sanders for E.T. Wright suede shoes in 9.5 B. Polo Benchmade shoes and Alden full strap slipons sold!
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Immortalized by Tom Wolfe in The Bonfire of teh Vanities!!! It's been so many years since I read that book that I forgot about the reference. Now I really feel like a big-timer! It would be interesting to go back and find out what else Sherman McCoy wore/carried, etc. to see how many are SF favorites. Or has someone already done that?
Finally got around to taking a few pictures of two of my favorite briefcases, albeit with my phone. Both are lid-over-body cases. The first is an SAB for Peal/BB. The other is by Mädler, a Swiss company that used to have a store on 57th St. I'm not sure if they're still around.
New BB patent pumps. Size 10.5D. Bidding starts at $.99. (Described as "Fancy Dress Shoes" -- I suppose that's a fair description -- but not too fancy for me!) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Nine brand new knit ties from Ben Silver, in, shall we say, assorted colors . . . . Currently $1.25. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Polo Benchmades and AE suede Standish sold! Plenty of great choices left from Alden, Brooks English, AE and Cole-Haan.
Quote: Originally Posted by whymakemedothis FYI, I have the Polos in 10.5 and they fit like 10s Very very comfortable I have an older pair of the same Polo shoes, and they fit me true to size. I agree that they're very comfortable shoes. Nettletons sold!
10/29 Price drop on Polo shoes. These are a steal for a brank new pair of English shoes in benchmade quality!