or Connect

Posts by 518aata

Quote: Originally Posted by mxgreen Cordovan belts are included. As are cordovan wallets and briefcases.
[quote=antirabbit;3266997]I also tried to buy it, no dice, dude already bought it. Quote: Originally Posted by Mata_Leao I purchased the camel hair Oxxford and the HF. I can't speak to the status of the smaller, blue Oxxford. I think the seller has been busy and hasn't had a chance to update the thread. I'm the seller of these jackets. The HF and camelhair Oxxford are sold, but my thread was too old to edit to reflect the sale. Only...
Quote: Originally Posted by needshoehelp I bought a solid navy 40R type A on eBay and it's quite nice. The shoulders are indeed very lightly padded (in fact, I'd prefer a little more padding, but it's okay). It's slim but not skinny. One thing I like are medium-wide lapels, which you don't often find on a slimmer suit. Mine came with pleated pants also, which I prefer, but the pants are also cut trimmer (Radcliff model) than standard-issue pleated pants....
Lovely lid over Brooks Brothers briefcase. Reportedly made by Peal before BB purchased the company. (But didn't the Peals from that era have a royal warrant?) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tchlink:top:en
FINAL price cuts on all jackets. If they don't sell at these prices, I'm going to donate them to a local charity.
FYI, for you brave bargain hunters: Carlo Franco is having a sale! Any three ties for $80 each; four or more for $70 each, and bowties are only $25. Best of luck! http://carlofranco.com/
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarmac Hmm, the current 501 are not very baggy. where are they loose on you, all throughout the leg? Do you wear them loose in the waist as well? They fit me pretty well in the waist, seat and rise, but I have pretty skinny legs. Hence, I think they would look better if they were a bit slimmer through the legs, and if they tapered to a narrower opening at the ankle.
I am pretty clueless about jeans, so I thought I'd ask the experts. I'm 52, and don't wear jeans out to dinner or clubs, etc. I wear them to my sons' soccer games, and other places where I might get my pants dirty. But I still want them to look good. A year or so ago, I finally switched from grandpa jeans to 501s. It was at my wife's urging, and I'm glad I listened to her. I like the <$50 price. I also like the way they fit, except for the baggy legs. Should I...
Quote: Originally Posted by gary3594 I have replaced my alligator strap of my PP watch with another one of their straps and they are nice and thin without any of the padding seen on the OP's photo. Any authorized PP dealer should have them readily available. They should be able to replace the strap for you while you wait. I've bought several of this strap http://www.blujay.com/item/18MM-ARTI...090500-1501944 from Rustwatch for my Patek 3919...
I used to have my alligator straps made at Flemings. I have a small wrist, so I liked that you could have a strap made to your specifications (for an additional fee). They did great work, but the cost just kept going up and up ($200+). For the last couple of years, I've bought my alligator and crocodile straps from James Rust, who has an eBay store and a Blujay store. Mr. Rust has been a pleasure to deal with and the straps are first rate. All the ones I've...