or Connect

Posts by 518aata

Quote: Originally Posted by rebel222 I bought those and subsquently returned them. They are trashed. The inner lining is pulling away from the shoes. The are really old. They are just plain brown calf PTBs. Alden used to have v-cleats a long time ago. Thanks. Can't get better info than that!
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Just go along with the plan and wear the MW tux like everyone else. This isn't your day to show off even if you can out dress all the guys in the room. I guarantee you that the bride is 100% stressed right now over a million details that she considers far more important than your satorial conundrum. Don't ask her, you just never know how it will be recieved. And, you run the risk of it being brought up, over...
St. Andrews?
I have a pair that I bought exclusively for exercizing when I travel. They're very light and take up much less room in my suitcase than my running shoes. But I would NEVER, NEVER wear them anywhere else.
Any of you Alden experts recognize this model? I asked the seller for the numbers written inside the shoe and was told that it's 93 22Y025 14, whatever that means. I can't say that I've ever seen a heel like that on an Alden. I presume it's calf, not shell, but I'm not certain. What do you think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...id=p2761.l1259
3/30 -- cuts on Polo 40R tux and Oxxford suit (40-42).
I have a charcoal sport jacket made of cashmere and silk. It's got patch pockets. It can be a challenge to find the right pants for it. I wear it with charcoal glen plaid (with a bit of red in the plaid), and greenish khaki (wool) military twills. Sometimes, I even wear it with navy, for an upside-down security guard look, but don't tell anyone.
9/27 -- Price cuts on seven more shirts.
3/27 -- cut price on 38S NWT Oxxford navy blazer to $325.
9/24: Added NWT Oxxford navy sport coat, size 38S, $340, consolidated from another thread. Cut prices on Oxxford sport coat and suit.