or Connect

Posts by 518aata

Found it!
Thank you. I've collected quite of few from the Montparnasse line over the years. The lacquer on them is just beautiful.Here's a fuzzy old Blackberry shot of some of them. It's hard to see the differences, but some are solid and some have fairly intricate designs.
Thanks very much. I'm not sure of the model name, but I've generally seen it referred to as the "ultra thin", and I believe the movement is ref. 2003. Supposedly, at the time it was introduced (late 50s?), it was the thinnest manual-wind movement ever made. Shortly after I bought it, I posted some pictures taken from the side that show just how thin it is. I'll try to find them and re-post them.
Here's what I'm wearing/carrying today: AP, circa 1960 S.T. Dupont Montparnasse; circa 1988 (sorry for the huge pictures; never have figured out how to make them smaller)
Good point. Presumably the 38 and 42 are different lengths, but at least it tells you that it's a pretty short jacket. And given how little (useful) detail Yoox typically provides ("no appliqu├ęs"?), it's a start . . . .
Just noticed that Yoox has included jacket length in some of the item descriptions. Here's an example: http://www.yoox.com/us/41495966SH/item?dept=men#sts=ip_baynote&TypeRequest=Contextualized&bnrank=4&guide=AlsoUsed&req=ProductDetailPage&cod10=41495966SH&sizeId= I can't recall seeing any measurements before, with the exception of the oddly unique "width at end" for pants. If the measurements are accurate, this will be a welcome and useful addition.
Here they are: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-Co.%C2%AE-Cordovan-Boots/621H,default,pd.html?dwvar_621H_Color=BRWN&contentpos=6&cgid=
I don't agree. While it's the same color, it has a different texture and an interesting pattern.
Price cut on final pair: Brooks navy flannel pants; size 33. Now $37.
I ordered a pair in blue and one in sand. I don't know who makes them, but for less than $130 each, I thought I'd give them a try. And for what it's worth, there are 16 reviews, nearly all of which are very positive.