or Connect

Posts by MyHeartIsMyProphet

Quote: Originally Posted by j got this in a report post email for this thread: Quote: tra le migliori pizzerie cè sicuramente gino sorbillo ai tribunali grande pizza ??? Translation: Gino Sorbillo is actually one of the finest pizzerias, located at Tribunali [it is a central zone]. Great pizza Quote: I've read about how some old Neapolitan pizzarias insist on only offering the basic Margherita and Marinara and...
Quote: I own a summer suit with that exact fabric and I'm very pleased with it. If this will be your only suit you might wish to go with something a little more sturdy but if you have many in rotation you will be more than satisfied. Well, I already own three suits and, if this one satisfies me, I'm going for another two ones before fall. I think to use it no more than 15 times a year, so I hope it will last at least 5-6...
I just received my first pocket square from Kent. It is gorgeous! And more, fast delivery to Italy and unbeatable price. Bravo!
Thanks for your comments! Quote: I think most people here would call it customizable made to measure as it doesn't sound like the tailor is coming up with a pattern for you from scratch. That being the case, it still sounds like a fair price. Sorry to bother, but I think I haven't understood the differences between MTM and bespoke, then. In fact, I had always thought that an MTM suit was based on a model and then customized according to your...
I have just been to my taylor for my first bespoke suit and he asked me 1000€ (approx. 1400 US$) for it. Fabric is a solid dark blue Loro Piana 130s 210gr. made of 90% wool and 10% silk (I know that many of you disregards lighter weights, but it is wonderfully soft, almost like a cashmere, and after been wrinkling it for some time, it regained its flat shape), with dark blue MOP buttons and light blue silk lining. Is it a fair price? Also, can i call it a bespoke...
Hello to all, I am eventually going for my first C&J, which I discovered thanks to this wonderful forum, along a lot of other things. I chose the Aintree model and I am ordering it from Pediwear, using the price pledge (247£, shipping to Italy included, is it a fair price?). I would ask to someone who owns these shoes, which size you would suggest to me - I normally wear shoes in size 40 or 40.5 EU (I think it should be 6.5 - 7 UK). Please consider that (don't...
In the last few months I only bought FC shirts, with spread collar. I like them a lot more that the point collar, single button shirts I used to wear before, even in more casual contests. Maybe, some SF influence?
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday But I find the thrill of the hunt most of the fun. I totally agree!
Only flat fronts for me, please!
Quote: Originally Posted by entasis I believe it's linen's superior moisture wicking properties that make it cooler and it dries very fast so I personally find that you don't get any wet 'sweat spots'. An additional thought; We enjoy beach vacations and used to use a t-shirt for some sun cover until I saw a Belgium acquaintance in Florida use an old long sleeve shirt. Next time out I took my old linen blue shirt and it was perfect. The fabric was...