or Connect

Posts by MyHeartIsMyProphet

How much would be shipping to Italy? And, sorry for my ignorance, but what does it mean 'self tipped'? Thanks
Rosemoor all the way!
Quote: Originally Posted by wj2009 Look for smaller sizes! +3
Although I was born and raised in Italy, I must thank SF (it rules!) once again for letting me discover Italian craftsmen. I was actually going to order CJs, but now I can buy gloves in person here in Italy. Which ones would you suggest among Cilento, Merola and Madova that could go for my requests (good choice of colours, also non conventional ones; various styles, e.g. dress, driving and fingerless; possibility of customizing, e.g. contrasting colour stitching)? Also,...
Quote: Look for an outlet complex called "The Mall" near Florence/Pogibonsi. Loro Piana, E. Zegna, Bottega Veneta, La Perla, Gucci, Burberry, A. McQueen, Tod's, Hogan, etc. +1. Easy to reach from Florence (an hour drive or so through the beatiful Tuscan hills), no outlet feeling (i.e. the shops are well designed, excellent customer service, etc.). More, in the very same area you can find many other outlets. Quote: Yesterday I drove up...
Thanks to all for your comments! I am sorry for worrying about minor imperfections, I think it's the natural consequence of reading this wonderful forum! Quote: Polish will sort the majority of that out, as some member have said What would be better, a neutral or a black one?
Bump for adding pics
Hello, I have just unpacked my first pair of Crockett&Jones, model Aintree. I am very satisfied with the overall construction and style, but I noticed some flaws: minor scratches on the sides, a small imperfection on the side of one heel (it looks like glue) and an unstiched point (sorry, I don't know how to translate better). Of course, these 'flaws' are visible only on a close inspection, in full light and holding the shoes in hand, so can I deal with them? Am I just...
Quote: Hello, Carmine. From your name I guess you are from Southern Italy, probably Calabria or Sicily. Yes, I am from Southern Italy, but from Campania. Are you Italian, as well? Quote: - Tasche alla carrettiera sounds like a bad idea for a formal/business suit. Indeed for most suits. Front/horizontal pockets originated in workwear (e.g. jeans: easier to stuff them with tools etc.), and they don't really look good with anything that...
Quote: What does the fabric matter if the cut, fit, and styling aren't good? Those things would be at least as important to me in determining whether I'm paying a fair price for a bespoke suit. I do agree! That's why I'm a bit nervous. I mean, this taylor made a pair of pants for me years ago that were perfectly fitted (and held up well, also, I'm still wearing them) and made a good job at shortening a jacket from the shoulder, but I never had a suit...