or Connect

Posts by Spirit of 69

Bumping this only in light of recent discussion about and interest in trainers in the Holy Trinity thread. And to provide a bit more insight for those interested in what trainers we had on our feet in the 60s and 70s in London. James
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara IMO Cragganmore 12 is the most accessible single malt on the market. That's not to say it's bad, Crag is one of my favorites. Do yourself a favour and try one of the Bushmill single malts, either the 10 or 16 year old, which are easy enough to find. Or the distillery sold 12 year old if you can find it. I visited the Bushmills distillery on the north coast of Ireland back in 2003 and bought a bottle of...
Being an Irishman I'm still drinking what I've always drunk - Guinness in the pub, Irish whiskey at home. I never drink at home what should only be drunk as draught in the pub. And I never drink in the pub what I feel is best drunk leasurely at home with friends and family. In the same way that I only smoke cigars when out for a walk on my own. I detest ruhsing cigars, it defeats the purpose of and benefit gained from smoking them. My three current favourites Irish...
Quote: Originally Posted by lance konami This thread is hilarious. All the "I dress for myself" bullshit. You guys sound like emotionally stunted adolescents storming off yelling "I don't dress for anyone but ME! It's just for ME!!!" Give me a break. hhhmmm......I wonder who really sounds like the emotionally stunted adolescent here.
The collar on the Merc Harrington stands up and stays up and isn't at all flimsy like for example the thin material in a Lonsdale Harrington.
Thanks, I'll have a look there.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good look. I like the Samba, which is basically the same as my Spezials but in a different colour. But all the skins I know in Sweden and the UK either wear all white Adidas (Stans) or white with black stripes or white Fred Perry or in some cases even white Le Coq Sportif and white Lacoste, but then they are skins moving towards casual. Which I've noticed is a common journey in recent years. When my crew go out to a gig or the pub debooted,...
Back in the 60s and 70s, the Adidas of choice was similar to the Antelope with leather top cap and ridged sole but black with white stripes, and the sole came up the front a bit like most proper running shoes, as opposed to the indoor sports sole and suede toecap of the Samba. This shoe was worn by loads of kids. I used to wear them. But can I find a pair of these original black and whites nowadays? Can I buggery! I don't even know what they're called, if indeed they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Get Smart My other fave Adidas are my Antelopes http://www.press.adidas.com/ch_fr/re...spx?raid=16114 Oh man, we are so on the same page. The Antelope is my favourite Adidas of all time. If only I could find a pair over here. I just love the orignal look, with ridged sole and suede toe cap Which is probably why my favourite pair of Gola's is this Harrier, which I'll buy when I find a pair: ...
Quote: Originally Posted by MiniW btw this thread is useless without pictures. i will post pics of my collection soon Thanks. I agree.