or Connect

Posts by Spirit of 69

Quote: Originally Posted by mert54 What do you think of boots with a slim suit, a la TAT? I mean like beatle or chelsea boots, not army. Just a clean pointy one in black. no distressing, just plain. Perfectly okay, I do it quite often when I wear black chelsea boots with a grey suit. The only thing to watch out for is that the trousers are long enough. There is nothing worse looking in the boots-suit combo than seeing trousers that are too short.
Quote: Originally Posted by JetBlast I figured SF might be an interesting place to ask- how would you have handled this situation? I would have discreetly and quietly upgraded the squaddies in the gate lounge OR directed them to first class seats once on board, rather than making a patriotic show out of it in front of other passengers waiting and listening in the gate lounge.
Quote: Originally Posted by justsayno My friend's girlfriend has great dark silky hair, but thick eyebrows and eye lashes. Is there something wrong with him? You mean is there something wrong with you? For asking such a stupid question.
Quote: Originally Posted by tonio028 Having a friend who's mother worked as a seamstress and who has worked inside of clothing factories most of her life and seen how they're handled, most of these garments should be washed before wear. Well if you applied that logic to food you'd starve in a week. And I recommend then that you never eat HP sauce again!
Blimey, many of you wash new clothes before wearing them? Why for God's sake? Do you also clean the inside of new shoes? That level of paranoia is way beyond me!
Nike? No thanks, zero presence. That said, it's not the kind of trainer I'd wear anyway. For all whites I'd wear Adidas, Puma, Gola or Le Coq Sportif. All of which are much better looking and much cooler.
Cardiacs The Sea Nymphs Stars in Battledress Poisoned Electrick Head Sleepy People
Quote: Originally Posted by sloane3 Ricci has handmade neckties with matching square and cufflinks. That looks ghastly!
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo I did this on New Years and thought it looked great. That looks great!
Quote: Originally Posted by idfnl I wasnt actually suggesting matching them exactly, although re-reading my post makes it sound like I am saying that. What I meant was, asthetically, does it look good to have a pattern on your tie and a different pattern on your PS or should one or the other be a solid color? Sounds like the answer is yes, but be careful not to make it look too busy. Oh I see, in which case, yes. Different patterns, for...