or Connect

Posts by Spirit of 69

Quote: Originally Posted by manouche Not impressed by what? If the son of Charles can call a guy paki, I guess I can too. What do I have less than the son of Charles? What do you think? "Noti mpressed" is a figure of speech. I would hope you had some respect and deceny, unlike Harry, to not racially insult other people.
Quote: Originally Posted by Standard Toaster Context, just because Paki can be used as a racial slur doesn't mean it was. T No,no,no not CAN be. Is exclusively a racial slur! There is no other use for the word.
Quote: Originally Posted by lightsaber And some would have said famous people only wear Italian designer brands... Touché
Quote: Originally Posted by lightsaber I'm puzzled by what appeal there could be for brand-name, designer clothing among men who can afford personal tailoring on a regular basis. I wear both. Only about a quarter of my suits and jackets are bespoke. If I had the cash I would never wear a stitch of off-the-rack clothes again. I enjoy all of my wardrobe but, but even my most well-fitting RTW clothes would be superior if they had been hand-made for me...
As a Londoner I find your tone about London residents extremely arrogant and offensive, especially saying "Paki" which has long been a racist slur against Pakistanis. Not impressed in ths slightest!
To answer the question, a down filled parka beats them all hands down!
Quote: Originally Posted by polar-lemon Shearling, down parka, wool. Leather is extremely warm, especially shearling. Excuse me, but what kind of answer is that? You've simply repeated all the options!
Quote: Originally Posted by mert54 I've been everything based on my last name, Goody. I've been Goodmeister, Goodson, Goodster, and just Goody. I've some groups where I'm just "the Jew", jewboy, etc... Aren't you more referring to usernames on the net though, as opposed to real world nicknames?
"Mad Dog" which during my military and police days was quite appropriate. And as with any true nicknames, it wasn't one I particularly wanted and wasn't one I gave myself. My police colleagues gave it to me in the mid-80s, because I was slightly mentally unbalanced back then but moreso because I was an "action (and fast hard action) speaks louder than words" type of cop. My team was always the first called to deal with violent street incidents. Luckily the name...
No, I don't enjoy being married. Probably becasue I've been married so long, 24 years!