or Connect

Posts by Spirit of 69

Quote: Originally Posted by bigbjorn Psst - Spirit of 69 - If you can find a leather portfolio that said "Totalförsvarets Pliktverk," I'd be pretty down for that. Or maybe one in M90 camo? SHIT! Seriously, I wish I'd known. I saw one of those last week, but it was in black vinyl not leather. You see Pliktverket is in the same govt building as my agency. I'll keep an eye out & if I come across another one I'll PM you. Shite I wish I'd...
Currently where I work dozens of these in all shades of leather and all qualities of leather are being thrown out in our big move around and agency reorganisation. Every one ism oving to a new office. You see no one over here uses them anymore, it's all laptops. On any given day you could pick 2 or 3 out of the large rubbish containers we had dotted round here for all sorts of office rubbish.
Of those two, the Gevril looks far more formal then the Lacroix. The Lacroix looks like a pilot's or diver's watch with all those dials and is not the sort of watch one should wear with a business suit or in a semi-formal situation. I too prefer the simplicity and easy elegance of the Gevril over the clustered complicated look of the Lacroix, which I personally think looks awful with the black face and 3 dials.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason http://kr.youtube.com/watch?v=rgtN-CtU_BU Dumb girl That's probaby why she has one of these numeorus non-jobs sitting on a TV sofa talking about relationships. I'd love to have seen what shade of deep red she turned when she came off air and one of the staff explained to her what fisting is!
Thanks. I've always been a bit wary of LG (thinking they were a part of Samsung) because I didn't want to end up with more Samsung shit! Everything I've had by Samsung, admittedly bought in the 90s, has broken down after a couple of years. Apparently Samsubng is of much better quality nowadays, but I still wouldn't risk it.
Serious question Eason, aren't LG and Samsung just two trading names for the same company? Their products are for the most part almost identical in form and function Like all the well knowm trading names that JVC had in the 70s and 80s?
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater Hannibal of Carthage You beat me to it. But he's on the list I linked in my previous post.
Some serious candidates: Mohammed King Solomon Idi Amin Robert Mugabe Papa Doc Duvalier Haille Salassie (Jah rule!) And a few good candidates on this list too: http://logicalthinker.tripod.com/africankings.html But lets face it, real power lies in the ability to change mindsets, to provoke good and to make people think. So, Nelson Mandela is for me the most powerful black man ever! And I also have a soft spot for what would be his top...
As much as I'd like to add some from Sweden, Ireland and Britain, I'm not really sure of the purpose of the thread, especially with the 2 card restriction per country. I say this becasue of the 2 photos showing the ice hotel in the very north of Sweden, which is far from typical for Sweden.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eason I have a English/EU passport, I've thought often about going and living in the Mediterranean areas of Spain or coastal Italy. It's very attractive... Correction, you have a UK (British & N. Ireland) Passport. There is no such thing as an English passport, just as there is no such thing as English citizenship.