or Connect

Posts by Markus1984

Thanks for the all the input guys.. I'll definately go back to Herringbone to check out the Osaka range .. hope they bring back the bespoke business shirts.. love their style.. If not, will go and check out Canali.. Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman Herringbone still have plenty of suits "left" as they are still trading and - from all indications - will continue to do so as it seems their position is fine. If you are in Sydney, then Ethan...
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido - You must be confused as Herringbone never offered a bespoke SUIT service.. Just shirts. - They still have suits & for the price of a over-priced mid-tier Zegna you could have 2 - 3 Herringbone suits. - The only Zegna line I would get is their Couture or Sartorial(?), but tehy are expensive & hence I would look else where. - Try Canali. - Bespoke is not for everyone, especially if you have not got a strong...
Quote: Originally Posted by neyus I heard Zegna have some vintage clothes. I saw it somewhere though I can't recall where. These looked like decent weight or at least had some substance and texture to them. You might want to inquire of these. Personally I would go with Canali or Corneliani over Zegna. Although I do think Canali is a bit blocky. Particularly of what I have seen from them. Don't believe there is a Corneliani store here in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido - Um.. Herringbone never offered a bespoke suit service.. - so do your self a favor & avoid Zegna at your current price point & try Herringbone again. Hey PG.. I was attracted to Herringbone because of your suits.. so great to hear from you.. I enquired about the bespoke service through Ethan in early December and they confirmed that it was available - bespoke shirts were $400.00 each.. After...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sator I suggest that you do the world a favour and throw the 13, 14, and 15Mill books into the bin when you see them. Better still set light to them More seriously, they don't make up well at all. They are not the sort of cloth that is durable or that holds its shape well. Canali apparently put more structure into their coats - something I approve of. They reputedly have complex, multi-part haircloth chest pieces....
Quote: Originally Posted by aleeboy I was in the department store, in Seoul, yesterday and checked out both Zegna and Canali. I didn't look at the m2m styles, but all I can say is the cut of Zegna and material is superior to that of Canali. I guess this is not to be unexpected due to the difference in prices. Made my day... already booked an appointment with Zegna... phew..
I better re-phrase that, considering both are formal suits.. Went with Zegna as I like their style better, while Canali seems to have a traditional edge to it. Might be wrong..
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewRogers Are you doing made to measure with Zegna? You might want to think about Canali. Yeah going made-to-measure.. I checked out Canali, however thought it was a bit too formal.. What do you think ??
A couple of months ago I made the decision to go with Ethan @ Herringbone, however at the same week the went under voluntary administration and therefore no longer offer the bespoke service.. just my luck ay .. Well I might check out the the 15 mill range and hope it's a tad cheaper.. Thanks once again..
Thanks for the quick reply Apropos.. So the lower the number the more expensive it is ?!? and the finer the fabric.. Cause a friend of mine is getting the Traveller suit at it's $3,800, however that's a tad over my budget.. want to save around $500.. I was thinking the dark grey or black .. so that's great..