or Connect

Posts by bradner

It was fun looking through all the shoes actually - Allen Edmonds - either I put an "a" in or a "u" - I'll learn. I never would have got on the path to better shoes if it wasn't for SF!! Much appreciated. Looking forward to the day when I can own a pair of Aldens or C&J but thats for down the road. Only if I can find a pair of decently priced 31"W (maybe 32)x36" inseam pants that don't look super baggy on me now! There was nothing at any of the 6 Nordstrom Rack's in...
Ok, I had a little road trip down to Oregon and I hit up a half dozen Nordstrom Rack's looking for shoes mainly. I thought I could remember what models to look for there (I was only looking for AE shoes to keep things simple(r)). After trying on lots of shoes that were all creased in the toe area from people trying them on I guess I found 3 pairs that seemed to be a deal and I thought didn't look too bad. I didn't have a list of what models were the ones to get so I...
Quote: Originally Posted by why I just put on some George Michael and gave it a decent shot. 7:19 for a 2K. I bet if I had more than an omelette I'd do a bit better, but I just did this as a sort of test on a rest day. That's an awesome time for a one off! I can't get under 7:30 right now but heavier guys have an advantage on an erg. The WR for the 2K erg is under 5:30 I think -- 5km under 20 mins is a good target too. I'm a lightweight...
Nothing wrong if asking if everything is ok. Getting her a tissue or better the handkerchief idea is best. She'll give a signal if she wants to talk about it, otherwise leave her alone. I wouldn't randomly hug her. Unless she was #888 or something....
Quote: Originally Posted by Michael Ay329 Bradner...it would help to know what city you live in...then ideas can flow better I'm in Los Angeles and modified my desires based on what the local talent could provide I'm up in Canada about 2.5 hrs east of Vancouver.
Quote: Originally Posted by tsaltzma I would go to a reputable store that sells suits, such as Nordstrom, Saks, etc. Tell them that your mother or father wants to buy you a couple nice suits, and they need your measurements so they purchase the right size. You can also get properly fitted for shoes there. Don't get measured for shoes at a 'shoe warehouse' as they often aren't even trained to properly measure your size. In early Oct, I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 I have a completely different take on things than what had been said. So it sounds like you wear jeans only now. Why the move onto "dressier" clothes? You said you also met a "European gal"? Are you thinking you'll impress her more by dressing better? And are you in sixth grade or something? My European gal friend is married, and I'm way past 6th grade. I'm sure many people had a turning...
Quote: Originally Posted by hossoso I saw your post asking about how to get into nice clothes without being a Daddy Warbucks. If you want anything out of my FS thread, I'll give it to you for free provided you pay for shipping and actually wear it (not try to flip it). Good luck with the upgrade! Wow! Thanks for the offer - I'll check it out!
awesome tips! thanks so much!
Thanks! Over the past few months I've become good friends with an European gal and she really has opened my eyes to fashion awareness. But I don't have the $$ that she has to spend on clothes so I'm hoping I can buy a few items here to get started! Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s +1,000,000 So true, it's a hard lesson to learn but a great deal is not a great deal if it does not fit. Shorten the learning curve by knowing your measurements...