or Connect

Posts by random-adam

Two concerns:The Boca Raton is a woven super-breathable shoe. Circumstances in which it would be worn with a peacoat are difficult to imagine.Pursuant to the discussion that's taken place in this thread over the last 24 hours, be aware many would argue that "black shoe for business casual" is an oxymoron.That said, I'd swing toward the Lexington if I found myself with that need and those choices.It feels a little like I just got trolled
Fixed it for you.
I'm fond of Narragansett. Custom bridle leather for under fifty bucks each.
Most of us can just hang around and wait for the next big seconds sale -- but keep in mind these shoes are built to sell for $365, and if your seconds look good you've picked up two pairs of shoes for just a little bit more than a guy off the street would pay for one.Reasonable? Absolutely. Given your circumstances you did a fine job. I hope they fit well and look good!
It took me far longer than it should have to figure out what was meant here (in case anybody else is similarly confused).
My wife doesn't understand why I'll spend five hundred bucks on a pair of boots, but she and I both love how burgundy shell looks in natural light after they've been worn every week for a couple of years and developed that sort of variation.I don't try to "fix" it; I kinda wish all my shoes did that (except the black Park Avenues and brown Byrons -- gotta look serious sometimes) .
Nope. They've closed the loophole that allowed those to be made at that price. Eagle County boots may be available again later in the year when we're heading into boot season, but you won't find them MTO for $197.
Bring it into one of the DC-area shops and they'll most likely take good care of you. If they don't, clean it with a soft cloth and rubbing alcohol, then use a little bit of this stuff to bond it back together; it'll be fine.
Poron insole (so slightly less volume until the foam compresses to fit your feet), rubber tap sole (which would be a $50 upcharge on AE's website). A few forum posts here and AAAC mention that they're built on the same last. Also that nifty combination heel.
If you're a D width, you could go with these or these from Brooks Brothers' current sale.