or Connect

Posts by kalra2411

By the way it worked, the linen shirt shrank, and now it fits me, thanks.
You guys are getting me wrong, I was informing you Dorian, it was not a retort; Quote: did not mean to cause offense
Quote: BTW, I'm under the impression that most Brits are very much against archaic class system that was exasperated during the Victorian era. Thus the tradition (I've never experienced it myself, but just heard from English friends) of everyone buying their round at the pub, whether they work in the factory or own the factory. Yes, that is probably true outside of the Westend these days, but as I am in the westend, I have no need to worry about such...
Quote: I am English, Kalra, but congratulations on an imaginative retort. Yes, then you must be in the north, or at the very least not in the Westend.
Quote: Kalra, you'll have to read a previous post regarding nefarious Ebay sellers -- specifically page 5 of the thread. I see, I was avoiding that thread, as I have never used ebay.
Quote: obnoxious. humility is a quality one ought to have acquired either while being brought up in or while creating wealth. why not just say, "i'll try that now." (sorry, j, steve   ) People in England do not have a superiority complex. I do realise that Americans do, after all, that is what their country is about - escaping from the British hieratical social standing system. I obviously did not mean to cause offense, but in England, people...
Quote: Quote: (kalra2411 @ 23 July 2004, 12:47) Quote: Originally Posted by hermes,23 July 2004, 8:19 the hotter the water and the higher the heat of the dryer, the greater the shrinkage Thanks, will get the maid to try it now. Who is in your avatar by the way? That is me, at the recent wedding of my daughter.
Quote: In any event, for a POO POO HEAD like yourself these should be really nice. What? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Quote: the hotter the water and the higher the heat of the dryer, the greater the shrinkage Thanks, will get the maid to try it now.
Link