or Connect

Posts by kalra2411

Quote: Not yet banned - hopefully never.  I just didn't log in for the post. Good .
Quote: It was a good-natured discussion, not a bunch of vicious remarks back and forth.  We didn't "crap on" his thread.  No s*it - if I wanted to buy it I would've messaged him by now. I did not pull politics into the mix.  I don't care about politics in general. Has Banks been banned?
[quote][quote=jcusey,28 July 2004, 8:46] Quote: Originally Posted by kalra2411,28 July 2004, 7:33 Ever heard of Ispat? I understand what you are saying, but you are not reading what I have said, as I have addressed the issue of which you speak, again your are not being specific to the comapny, you are trying to use bookish theories. Quote: Ah, yes, I failed to realize that you were talking in specific real-world examples. ...
Quote: Quote: (Mike C. @ 28 July 2004, 7:49) Quote: Originally Posted by esquire.,28 July 2004, 3:37 The flagship of RL in NYC is a example of something that loses money each month, but is kept afloat to provide a halo effect for the company. I don't know what the exact figures are, but they're not that signifigant to a company like RL. Boutiques are notorious for loosing money, especially the ones on pricy real estate...
Come to think of it Jcusey, I was not that clear in my first post, and I am sorry, basically what I am saying is; 1. Nobody would knowingly want to make a loss. 2. However, I am sure that Ralph Lauren realise that Purple Label may not be where the money is. (note; may as I do not know thae specifics of RL; and nor do any of you, to what I can perceive.)
Quote: Sigh. It is possible to maximize profit even while taking a loss on a particular product or product line. Ever hear of a loss leader? More than that, it's possible for management to think that they're maximizing profit while taking a loss on a particular product or product line. Ever heard of Ispat? I understand what you are saying, but you are not reading what I have said, as I have addressed the issue of which you speak, again your are not...
I have not read properly beyond Jon's second post on the issue, as I have work to do, however, here is my view. My first and most important point is no company would ever do something to lose profit, even if in return they will receive repute. Profit is the most important factor. What the problem here is that everyone is trying to put forward a bookish theory to explain things (you must all be academics). You cannot do that - you need to take into account the specifics...
One thing I do not get, Zegna is not an, oh look at the brand - this is Zegna, type of label. So why would people want to (as people here have suggested) buy a Zegna suit just to show the brand. I am sure that anyone who buys Zegna suit is more interested in the quality than the brand. If someone wanted to just show the brand, it would be Gucci, Prada, Fendi, Vuitton et cetera. Just a thought....
Quote: There is a lot of Japanese sites selling authentic items although their prices are high, and they tend to sell out. Also vialuisaroma I believe. I think you mean Luisa Via Roma
Quote: Quote: (Alias @ 25 July 2004, 11:16) Quote: Originally Posted by ernest,25 July 2004, 07:43 you refer stamps? The English word is "thumbnail" for small preview pictures. Thumbnails are good. Actually while you dont really need thumbnails, what you should do is after you snap the photo, use and program that can edit photos to cut it down to 25-40% of the size keeping the proportions the same (height and...