or Connect

Posts by kalra2411

Quote: If you don't ever hire, and you doubt that the ability to dress in a manner appropriate for the workplace is seriously evaluated - if only on a subconcious level - by those that do hire, I am amazed that the people in your employ manage to get up, get dressed and get to work on a daily basis. For someone so critical of the masses, and so willing to detail every Pound Sterling spent on his own wardrobe, noting the maker, shop purchased from, and how...
Quote: I remain amused. Good for your sense of humor then.....
Quote: One just took for granted that you hired reasonably intelligent individuals who would dress appropriately for the workplace and the fact that you were so concerned showed that you were worried that you had made several hiring mistakes. I remain amused. I do not hire myself, that is of course the HRM Department's issue. I doubt that dressing aptly is a major factor in the hire process.
Quote: I think the situation basically takes care of itself -- because it is a work site, all rules go straight out the window.  Thus, if an employee has dressed "too far down" there is a ready made excuse (an unspoken one) on the part of both the employee himself and the third-party observer, viz. "he didn't want to get his good clothes dirty."  So, I don't think anyone will be uncomfortable if they are over or underdressed. Thank You . A reply...
Good idea FIH, but I think maybe a Crown would be better. But really brains (and perhaps more so, an understanding of what is said) and maturity, is severly lacking here.
Quote: What exactly is the problem? If everyone is comfortable there should be no issue as you stated suits were not required. I find the fact that you even worry about such a thing as more than a bit ridiculous. Thanks for the best laugh all day. Yes, but in my opinion I feel that semi-formal attire is still needed, e.g. a shirt and trousers. However, I feel that may not have been portrayed. (This is so to say; the problem) Comfort is certainly...
Quote: think of it this way: the leaders who try to be a 'man of the people' typically end up with that tactic backfiring on them. unless they have a known history of climbing from the bottom up, in which case they can play that card. What I am trying to say is that there may not be uniformity in the dress. I will not be dressed worse than the employees under any circumstances. As the quality and design of my attire will always be superior, be it...
Faustian, I think you misunderstood; I will wear what I have said - unless anyone is overtly against that here. Mike, note the problems in this specific scenario, I have only said that a suit is not needed, think how many things that could mean, some may even take it as, turn up in your pajamas, in the past, there have only ever been 2 formal meetings on site; and previously we had been dressed in suits, and this was impractical. As you may be able to perceive it is very...
Faustian, you have a very sad sense of humour And, pale blue trousers looking good:
Well, tomorrow I need to meet with some of the international managers, now the problem is that it will be on site, at a steel mill. Therefore, I have advised participants at the meeting that a full suit is not required. However, as my ignorance would have it, I have failed to think what would be appropriate attire. You see the thing is, some may turn up in work wear, whereas others may turn up in a dress shirt and trousers, and others in jeans. It is now too late to...