or Connect

Posts by Nizdar

Is there a consensus about what to do if you always take an E size but really want something that only comes in D? I am usually an 8E is the TTS Alden lasts (except for a Leydon that doesn't believe in pinky toes), but I was smitten by something in a Grant that only comes in D. Could sizing up a full size solve the problem? It's a boot, so being a little big could be compensated for somewhat.
PM sent.
I bought these about a year and a half ago, but they haven't been worn very much because the fit was never great. Estimate maybe 30-40 times. My pinky toes have always been somewhat pinched and it never stretched. Finally gave up and here they are. Not much wear besides some scuff marks/scratches, mainly in the toe area. They have always been in shoe trees (not included), and I never wore them on consecutive days. I'd probably be wearing them today if I could magically...
I bought these about a year and a half ago, but they haven't been worn very much because the fit was never great. Estimate maybe 30-40 times. My pinky toes have always been somewhat pinched and it never stretched. Finally gave up and here they are. Not much wear besides some scuff marks/scratches, mainly in the toe area. They have always been in shoe trees (not included), and I never wore them on consecutive days. I'd probably be wearing them today if I could magically...
Hi guys, just looking for a little advice. I'd been sporadically wearing a pair of AF89 Leydon last black high boots I bought from Alden of Carmel a while back. I had hoped that, based on my previous sizing decisions, the boots would fit well. All AE 8E's have been fine, I fit comfortably in 8E Aberdeens, and I fit a 7.5E Truebalance pretty well. However, these boots have always had been snug all around, with an annoying toe pinch that I was hoping would go away. Alas, it...
Hi guys, just looking for a little advice. I'd been sporadically wearing a pair of AF89 Leydon last black high boots I bought from Alden of Carmel a while back. I had hoped that, based on my previous sizing decisions, the boots would fit well. All AE 8E's have been fine, I fit comfortably in 8E Aberdeens, and I fit a 7.5E Truebalance pretty well. However, these boots have always had been snug all around, with an annoying toe pinch that I was hoping would go away. Alas, it...
I posted a thread recently asking from some single malt advice. I finally got around to trying the last single malt I acquired, the mini bottle of Talisker, distiller's edition (1992). Wow. Blown away. Maybe my favorite single malt so far. The sherry finish absolutely tames the Talisker to perfection.
And now for a somewhat buzzed post. Recipe for scotch amateur scotch appreciation. Start with some Ardbeg 10, and enjoy the lightness and peatiness (not to be confused with light peatiness). Go to Talisker 10, enjoying the malty/peppery/smokiness, somewhat reminiscent of a more smoky/peppery HP 12. (forgive my limited experience) Transition to Talisker 18, a more subtle peppery smoke. (an improvement, I would say). And finish with aberlour a'bunadh, whose...
Quote: Originally Posted by ama Excellent pick ups! That Talisker multipack is an absolute steal and each one of those is a great whisky. The Tali DE might be the best DE that Diageo puts out, if not it is a close second to the Lagavulin. What batch is Aberlour A'bunadh? The most recent ones that I've tried (26, 27, 28, 29) have been stellar. Try it first without water, its pretty hot, but sippable even at that strength. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by I<3Bacon Haha... ama is always in these threads, but with good reason. Here's my take: - if there's money allocated for Oban, spend it on Cragganmore instead - have to agree with ama... how is Glenkinchie spicy in any way? If anything, I'd find it more "boring" than your Glenfiddich 15 - Glenfiddich 15 is the more sherried of the easy to get Glenfiddichs... also agree with ama here... get yourself a sherry-bomb and see...