or Connect

Posts by nerich

"what are you doing? you look like you're in royal tenenbaums." (headband with knit tie/lightweight shirt/jeans/sneakers) i got a ton of compliments last night about a velvet underground & nico (huge banana) tshirt that's three sizes too big and worn/stretched to shit.
3+ pieces: J Crew (most everything) Hanes (tshirts, socks, undershirts, etc) H&M (mostly shirts, a few non-jean pants) UO brands (plain tshirts and shirts) Levis (514s and socks) John Varvatos, various lines (jeans, shoes, shirts) Kenneth Cole (casual shirts, a jacket, suede sneakers) Nike (Free and Shox for running, some cheap model for other sports, shorts) Ray-Ban (Clubmaster eyeglasses, Caravan sunglasses) Military surplus things a few 1 or 2 but wear all...
Quote: Originally Posted by constant struggle I recently watched disc 1 of a pretty stylish film called; Best of Youth, it is a 6 hour movie in italian... Oh man this is one of my favorite movies ever. I like part 1 a bit better, but part 2 is still the shit. Any Sergio Leone or Godard film has awesome style.
I have couple of BR and JC tees and they're pretty comparable imo. I like BR's fitted crewneck a wee bit better for me but not sure why. Maybe because the neck is a little looser? But I like JC's fitted vneck better since it has a perfect depth for my taste. If in doubt about tshirts, go with a plain, medium weight, crewneck one like a fitted J Crew. Whether dark, vibrant, or white depends on your mood and disposition. Heathered BDG tees are cheap and fit well if...
j crew is the best obv. banana republic fitted tshirts fit me really, really well. i also have a wool sweater i got for $15 that fits slimmer than an equivalently sized H&M one. but those are exceptions. i only own two things from old navy (linen shorts, lightweight hoodie), but i wear them all the time and would even call them two of my favorite items of clothing i own. again, those are exceptions. half my wardrobe comes from H&M. it's true that the many shirts...
I rock these from time to time when I'm feelin the swag. They're good for the price and might be the statement you're looking for. They look great with very slim trousers and pretty good with tight dark jeans. There's some other more subdued options on that site as well. http://www.beatwear.co.uk/acatalog/c...igh_point.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Listi I like how this conversation's main argument is now: "This look is bad, but it's okay on a college campus because most people look even worse!" i don't think a nice suit jacket would work with a hoodie, but i can see it working with a more casual, cheaper blazer if you're about college age. no one really does it on my campus, and i've never done it myself though. the reason i think it might work on...
i wear a few UO pieces. i got it second-hand, but i think my favorite casual jacket (plain dark grey cotton/linen) is from there. and i have a plain black wool hoodie that i wear almost every day. and a perfect fitting, if cheap, chambray work shirt. and a super soft and comfortable b&w gingham oxford shirt that i get compliments on every time i wear it. but, come to think of it, almost every UO item i have and love is, completely by chance, by the same brand. Standard...
i have a pair of deep indigo j brands from a couple years ago. i like them well enough though i won't buy another pair. they're a bit too light weight for my taste, but they do fit pretty well. i bought them for $20 so i can't complain. get them if they're cheap, but i don't think it'd be worth full price. i bought a pair for a girl friend of mine and those are the nicest looking women's jeans i've seen. dark, clean, mid rise, cigarette leg, no ugly butt detailing,...
Quote: Originally Posted by adamha21 I really like the top half of this, I think the bottom half is a bit too tight for the look you are going for. Overall I like it though. I disagree, I think it's great from top to bottom. The tight jeans make it a bit more interesting, give it a bit more character, especially in most environments.