or Connect

Posts by Maximillion

Thanks. Anyone else with some ideas on possible changes? Regards. M
Dear Styleforum, I would really appreciate your help by "improving" my next MTM suit. The following pictures show my latest MTM suit. It's a SCABAL MTM - I get measured at my tailor in Hamburg, Germany. Cloth is a Scabal "Triple A" 120s (I guess the weight is 280grams/sqm). I payed approx. 900 Euros (about 1200 Dollars). I have the suit about 1 year now and wore it aprox. 50-60 days. It starts to loose form a little and I notice some shine on the trousers. I know...
I just returned from London (the pound is 1:1 with the Euro!) and faced the same "question" on Jermyn St. With my (unfortunately still limited budget) the C&J seemed to be the best value for money. Most models were 200 to 265 pounds (NOT sale items) and most models look very good (in my opinion). I got nice black monks and very classic cap toe oxfords...the availabilty of brown models (not chestnut) was a problem. I would have bought a lot more if.... The staff was...
he is not my idol. he is a producer and an artist. he produced about 20 top-ten hits in the last 2 or 3 years. he is definitely far away from wearing standard celebwear or fashion. he is as interested in male attire than most of the members of this forum. he might be a bit more extravagant...maybe a bit more "show off", "bling bling" or "in your face". but hey....he is a rockstar, he is under 30, he earned millions of dollars in a few years. and he still has his roots...
to be honest: i always liked this forum. but this thread is really a shame. there is so much hate, envy and hidden racism.....all about a bloody lv ad. as someone said: pharrell is a musician, a rock-star.....and one of the most respected in the game. and he is definitely stylish. maybe not in a "styleforum" sense, but just ask your girlfriend....she will tell you. and he likes to dress. given that he is coming from a hip hop background i think he is very inspiring...
ah okay. john elkan. but i guess lapko is the better dresser. m
hm. that discussion again. i think I "feel" that manton is right. i see so many black suits at daytime in business meetings. and it just doesn't look good. "oily" or even "cheap" come to my mind. there might be some suits and garments that look alright but in general i still think that black is a bad choice for a daytime suit (given that there are so many better choices). my 2 cents. max
i loved the book. i enjoyed the tone, the sarkasm...just fun to read. I am no expert with machiavelli (read parts of "the prince" in school), but you definitely acomplished to make "the suit" look and feel like "the prince". besides that the book is filled with sound advice. and i think in matters of taste and style one needs "opinion" and a clear statement. "the suit" is a statement. (i also think, it is one of the best books on male attire and i have a read a...