or Connect

Posts by ken

The point of my argument was that I probably shouldn't have been held up as an example of misinterpreting plot points when Jr M. misinterpreted Rey having maintained the Falcon.And maybe it wasn't a big deal to everyone, but the scene where the MF is struggling and Rey pulls out a little PCB board with wires hanging off it ("There, I fixed it!") was a big eye-rolling moment for me.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, here...I proposed that a better backstory for the MF's ready-to-fly condition could have been that Rey maintained it as an employee of the owner of the ship, which also could explain why she knew how to fly it.You responded that my proposed backstory isAnd, in fact, described it as "a perfect example" of the stupid complaints made against the movie.I then cited a (2nd hand) account of the novelization of the movie (which is canon......
Not 100% sure that's correct (or the intention of the film). This was the first Google hit I got:https://www.quora.com/Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens-2015-movie/How-did-Rey-know-how-to-pilot-the-Millennium-Falcon-Where-did-she-learn-her-piloting-skills
Meh... yeah, that's the vibe I got... but the keyword you used is "probably". Think of how cool it would have been if the movie opened with close-ups of Rey working on a ship (slaving away, sweaty, dusty, etc.), zooooom out, and there's the MF: a ship she's become intimately familiar with over the past couple of years. No "probably" required.I know I'm probably being too hard on this chapter, but I just don't think it holds an objective candle to the original trilogy. They...
Actually, what was more offensive to me was the fact that a ship, regularly maintained by Han and Chewy yet barely able to take off in the previous trilogy, was somehow in perfect working order after having sat idle for years.A lot of the confusion could have been avoided with some creative character development of Rey... Like she worked for the owner of the ship and therefore maintained it and knew how to fly it, or something.
Yes, SW was good. The problem is that TFA was not good.Watch SW again: there's no movie without the Death Star. The Death Star is why Leia is chased and captured. It's why Luke meets Obi-Wan. It's why Obi-Wan introduces Luke to Han. It's a literary device that pushes the story everywhere it goes. It's ultimately destroyed because of the effort put forth by the heroes throughout the entire movie. [[SPOILER]]
Don't worry. It's extremely anticlimactic.
[[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]