or Connect

Posts by stickshift

Wow white balance issues.....I'll take accurate pics soon.
Here's my straight leg that started out as the "rinse" model: I'd say they're pretty middle of the road in terms of fading speed; not fast, but not slow either.12 months, 3 washes16 months, 4 washes
Maybe they liked the shirt's aesthetic. I highly doubt RRL made an exact shirt style that wasn't LE...The authentic shirt actually has a lot of character. I will take pics and upload them later.
FAKE!!!! I have the real one and the tags and labels are different. The eagle shoulder patch is slightly different, too. The real one also has side gussets with chainstitching hanging off. The union label also says "limited edition" on the authentic one and is located on the front bottom rather than on the placket. Shoulder yoke cut is different, too...I could go on and on.
The fireman's coat is beautiful for sure. Was it pre-distressed, or does it come unwashed? Looks like the limited edition reading coat is selling out quickly as well.
Straight legs
True points. Never got into the newer MF stuff yet, the older stuff was too good and fit much slimmer (i.e. fitted). The new RRL shirts are just too slim and weirdly cut for me. The standout piece from last season was the limited-edition chambray shirt with the eagle stripe shoulder patch - the fabric was just too beautiful and came unwashed, however the fit is still the weird slim chest that I'm hoping to stretch out with wear. That limited edition peacoat looks very...
Att full retail, RRL costs [almost] as much as Mister Freedom, and Mister Freedom is higher quality (plus everything is raw/unwashed, unlike the majority of RRL which is pre-distressed to an extent). If I'm paying full retail I'll generally go with Mister Freedom, unless RRL comes out with something really special. That is pretty much why I'll buy RRL only on sale - at these discounted prices, the game changes.
No disagreement there, I am just trying to find an alternative for it. If only RRL would stop distressing so many of their indigo shirts.We were comparing fabric prints and you go talking about build quality and buttons...
Actually the PRL shirt looks similar to a grail-status Mister Freedom shirt: http://www.misterfreedom.com/chemise-calico-indigo.html