or Connect

Posts by Christofuh

*ACHTUNG* Consumer Unfriendly Pricing Ahead Organic Peanut Oil @ $64/gallon (Spectrum) Organic Toasted Sesame Oil @ $95/gallon (Spectrum) Toasted Sesame Oil @ $178/gallon (Boyajian) Pure Rice Bran Oil @ $70/gallon (Loriva) Avocado Oil @ $112/gallon (WF private label) Avocado Oil @ $136/gallon (La Tourangelle) Mac Nut Oil @ $152/gallon (Macadamia Oils of Australia)
I detest duck with intensity of a thousand suns. When even farm-raised varieties manage to come out gamey as hell, what does that tell you ? I won't go into the texture of duck meat which boasts all the tenderness of an old bicycle tire. Recall the calamitous experience of once buying $24/lb smoked duck breast by D'Artagnan As far as lamb is concerned, 90% of people who stand behind supermarket meat counter haven't got the faintest ficken idea what they're mumbling...
Quote: Originally Posted by mm84321 I would recommend trying to source reliable brands that practice organic farming, free of GM and hormone usage. Or making your own is pretty easy if you cook a lot of meat on a regular basis. Dartagnan.com sells a wide array of humanely raised, organic meat. I just made a batch of duck fat from one of their Moulard duck breasts. It made the best fried potatoes you'll ever have. They sell some as well:...
Gang, I completely neglected to mention Jambon De Bayonne. Ze French take on theme prischute ® Fair bit milder and very pleasant. Take it for a spin, you'll like it.
Quote: Originally Posted by mm84321 Coconut oil, lard, beef tallow or duck fat are all healthy options when frying at high temperatures. Quote: The following "bad" oils contain high percentage of trans fat or saturated fats. Some, such as coconut oil, even contain more saturated fats than animal products!
@ mm84321 I just finished gathering up all my remaining bottles of "Organic Canola Oil". Back to the store they are going. And that is a No Homo
Quote: Originally Posted by mm84321 Coconut oil, lard, beef tallow or duck fat are all healthy options when frying at high temperatures. Dude, don't joke a joker Beef tallow ? Hormones, antibiotics, GM feed be damned. Lard ? Antibiotics, GM feed be damned. Duck fat ? Antibiotics, GM feed be damned. Let's not even talk about how wonderful all those animal source derived fats are for your heart. I recall once trying coconut water...
↑↑ When FDA inspectors laid their eyes on Spanish ham for the 1st time, they damn near went into cardiac arrest. The hoof was still attached to it
What do you propose I use, clarified butter ? EVOO is going to set the ficken kitchen on fire. So it's a non-starter. I tried ze French sunflower oil, but wasn't blown away by the peasant flavor. "Organic" doesn't automatically connotes goodness. It does signify no GM ingredients have been used during production.
↑↑ New to the Internets © ?