or Connect

Posts by whiskeylaureate

For $128, it's worth a try.
(Cross-listing these in S&W becauase I wear my other pair mostly with jeans.) I have a pair of mildly worn pebble grain Ferragamo bluchers with a leather/rubber sole. They're a great casual or business casual shoe that's similar to the Alden all weather walker, only $400 cheaper in this listing. I bought these off ebay and found them too narrow, so I bought another pair in EE that fit great. I wear a D/E in Allen Edmonds and Alden, depending on the last. (I'm an E in the...
I have a pair of mildly worn pebble grain Ferragamo bluchers with a leather/rubber sole. They're a great casual or business casual shoe that's similar to the Alden all weather walker, only $400 cheaper in this listing. I bought these off ebay and found them too narrow, so I bought another pair in EE that fit great. I wear a D/E in Allen Edmonds and Alden, depending on the last. (I'm an E in the Alden Tassel Mocc.) These have been sitting in my closet with shoe trees...
Sheets will be more durable, but tissue gets the desired effect. I'd personally go with 60w clamp lights on all three sides to get enough light, since it appears to be pretty dark in there. Those lamps on the side appear to be doing the trick, but you definitely need a stronger top light source.
Ahh, perhaps that's the difference. I've always heard that creasing is a bad thing in leather, but I'm no expert on hides. FWIW, my Mulholland bag after 2yrs (could use a little conditioner itself):Also, though I'm not crazy about their look, JW Hulme is made in the US. And I agree with others about Glaser. Their stuff is great, and the family is incredibly nice. However, the logo is a bit obnoxious for a serious and relatively pricey bag.
It looks like it maybe got wet, rumpled and then dried w/o trying to condition it. I've beat the crap out of my Mulholland angler's bag for 2yrs, and not to sound like a dick, but it looks way better than that. What happened?
Quote: Originally Posted by otacon exactly. But, does that really look purple to you? I just can't tell. Unfortunately, yes....
because the margins aren't there like they are online
I really can't speak to the metrics of producing shoes, but you may be right. That said, there's a reason Oak St is selling mainly through their site instead of retailers. If the others weren't selling through retailers, they could probably cut the price in half (at least w/conventional retail pricing model). My foot's wide as well, but I've yet to try on the Eastlands...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawlercon "So, if you are going to talk about American Heritage, please make sure you know what you are talking about. I know it is difficult because you are in North Carolina, and the only heritage from that state is Slavery." best thing i've read in awhile. I'm guessing this was edited out like the other post. Shame. Editing's so not heritage...BTW - who's from North Carolina?