or Connect

Posts by swiego

I would not assume shell is an automatic recommendation. Many shell shoes (mine included) spot/welt up pretty badly when exposed to water. Other shell seem to brush it off without a problem. The issue is that you won't know how your shoes will behave until you get them wet. So, pursue shell-cordovan-for-wet-weather with this in mind. I don't think 10 minutes of water will destroy leather soles. 10 minutes of water, four times a day, for several months, will probably...
Hi everyone. As the OP, I'm happy to say that I received my pair today. (They were ready on the 23rd however I was out of town.) Overall I'm happy with the look, although there are numerous minor finishing problems that I won't go into just yet. I do have a couple of fit concerns that I could use advice on. 1. When I put these boots on and lace them up, the toe (toe box and vamp) and ankle are pleasantly snug and keep my foot in the shoe. However the side quarters...
I think it would be a QC issue if the left cuff was 1.5cm larger than the right cuff. I would describe it as nebulous product sizing if one model tends to run bigger than another, however I can't say that is unique to Brooks Brothers. I can pick up three Canali 43/17 shirts that have totally different sleeve lengths with no indication on any tag or label. I can pick same-sized shoes from almost any shoemaker and all but guarantee that one will run smaller or larger than...
Most young adults I know are too concerned with (a) inability to find gainful post-graduation employment and (b) significantly higher gas prices than previous generations saw growing up, to put a car at the forefront of their aspirations. Young people dreamed of cars back when the American Dream seemingly guaranteed two cars in every garage. Those days are disappearing, and increasingly (I think) will be replaced by notions of more austere living, probably out of...
I was charged shipping for my 12/26 order, whose bill came to some $350. Shipping cost was not too bad. Still waiting for the order to ship.
This is a great discussion. My contribution to it is an observation that in the past, I think there was a greater tendency to fill a wardrobe with clothing all intended for special occasions. Saturday afternoon clothing, weekday work clothing, Sunday church clothing, etc. I sense that lives were a bit more structured, and the clothing that was worn benefited from this structure. Today, I think clothing is intended to be much more versatile, as would be befitting a...
Picked up four slim fit 16.5-37 luxury non-irons, pretty excited. Had to order online; local stores don't seem to carry this sleeve length.
Out of curiosity, what sale is being discussed here that orders are being canceled for? I see the 40% + 20% sale going on right now. Was there another sale just prior to this?
You'd really hate it at Hooters.
So self-pride is something that you confer upon others, and not something others are entitled to develop a sense of on their own?