or Connect

Posts by swiego

FWIW, I haven't carried a watch since I was a teenager, and that was 10 years ago. Ever since working, I've had to carry work phones, PDAs, pagers, just about every class of electronic device there is at some point or another. I'm completely happy without a watch and have never felt the need for one. I figure that with the amount of time I'm at home (clocks), shopping (clocks), driving (car clock), talking on the phone (clock) or listening to music with a portable MP3...
I believe that Cole Haan is owned by Nike, hence they get some of the "technology" - I have some Cole Haan loafers with the Nike "air" cushions that are the most comfortable footwear I own - they're reasonably dressy but I could seriously go to the gym with them too!
Quote: Originally Posted by DucatiCole Just curious, how would you define hot? If I wore that during the day where I live in the summer, I would be way too hot and sweating a lot. It's usually between 30C and 40C in the summer here. That does look great though. I would love to wear something like that in the evening when it cooled off a bit. No kidding, me too! For me, hot summer day = very light shorts and very light t-shirt at most....
I've given up DE shaving for the Fusion which for me has given the closest, best shave I've ever enjoyed. It's downright phenomenal, how smooth the Fusion is. The blade cost starts to hurt, but you can rationalize that as a luxury shave at a luxury price. (This is a web site where people talk about $800 shoes and $200 jeans all the time so I figure that Gillette blades should fit right in!)
Something like this: http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...ctGroup=113821
Thank you for the welcome to the forum. I actually did have an account before (but only 5 posts?) but had to recreate it maybe due to that database crash. I found this place a long time ago after fleeing "andy's forum" where everyone suddenly started dressing like my grandparents. The shoes... I should have provided a better description but was struggling to. One pair are Cole Haan, oxfords but not dress oxfords. They buff to a good shine and I can/do wear them with...
Just wondering what's a good approach to cleaning shoes that are either well-worn, smelly or just could use a decent cleaning? I have some various shoes that could use a bath on the inside. These aren't dress shoes but they're not sneakers either, and they're pretty padded. They're not so nice that I would want to spent hours meticulously cleaning every piece of fabric, but they are nice enough that I don't want to outright destroy them. Can I just toss 'em in the...