or Connect

Posts by swiego

So, has anyone managed to find an AE cream or polish for these?
Most things will last a lifetime, provided you (a) don't use it and/or (b) keep it frozen. Few things last a lifetime of regular use, and these things usually are made of corrosion-resistant metals. I haven't seen an aluminum blazer, but who knows. Many things stay in style for a lifetime, so long as you (a) stay indoors and (b) are surrounded by people who share your aesthetic sensibilities.
I've used BB cordovan-colored paste wax for my AE burgundy-colored cordovans
Mine are hands down my favorite pair of shoes. They fit incredibly well, were finished beautifully and have been quite durable. The color is great.The shoe is dressier; I would wear mine to anything short of a black tie event, and frankly a nighttime black tie event, the shoes will look black anyway.
I wore them today! They were exceptionally comfortable. However, I discovered that driving a two-seat sports car with these things on does not work well; I am used to ankle flex while shifting and that was not possible with these things laced up. I actually ended up pulling over and loosening them up. Not a big deal, though, and they looked fabulous and remained comfortable throughout the day. I can see how these are not going to be fun to wear in the summer. ...
Thanks for sharing your experiences with shoe care; I have been wondering what creams or waxes to use with them. My heel is a bit loose as well. It does not seem to bother me much; because the boots are tied above the ankle, there is very little slip. Nevertheless I have noticed the looseness, and have wondered how they would wear had there been more padding/lining in the back. I'm looking forward to wearing these tomorrow. I never wore the previous pair (except at...
OP here. Well, my second (replacement) pair came in. According to the manager, this pair received a personal, periodic inspection from the head of QA during its assembly. In a nutshell, they are much improved. The finishing is more even, the shoe looks cleaner. The stitching is much improved... stitching no longer veers off in strange directions. The soles are the same thickness, and the sides are actually painted properly this time. They are lasted more properly...
Based on my ownership experience, you are paying for essentially perfect finishing (something I truly believe AE is incapable of), excellent lining, very even leather that's a bit more durable/scuff-resistant than normal, a tough sole that I'd guesstimate will last 50% longer, and very even, clean lasting that give the pair really impressive symmetry. Whether that's worth ~ $1,000 (give or take) more than AE is pretty much up to you. If not for one factor, it would be...
There is no misunderstanding; you merely made a false generalization ("i save this pair of shoes for certain occasions" = "i bought something i don't intend to use") and just now you repeated it again... several times in one post, in fact.If you really wish to understand, then give your post some thought and try to see this as less of a black-and-white issue than you are describing it to be.Some people buy expensive things and put them in a locked box.Some people buy...
I have wide feet and have had to size down 1/2 size (rather than 1 size) on the 337 last.