or Connect

Posts by turboman808

I know I know I am bringing this back from the dead. Been trying alot of different soaps over the last year. Still have to say Caswell Black Onyx is my favorite. Slightly soothing but the aroma is out of this world. I think someone at some point suggested Herban Cowboy which is far and away the most god awful one I tried. Dried out my skin and it was just an overpowering smell. One of the more interesting ones I have tried lately I got at Wholefoods and was called...
If I was to move back I really like the meat packing district. Really nice apartments, crazy night life and you are close to the water and parks for running, biking etc. Also some great places to eat and pick up women!
Quote: Originally Posted by DerekS a solid light toned rug would look great depending on the rest of the furniture. My parents have a room downstairs that is a lot of dark wood...they did a small area in light marble and added a cream rug and it looks really nice. I was thinking the same thing. I have alot of dark woods and dark colors in my bedroom and using a beige rug really brightens it up.
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH Aside from the snarky size comments by the people that clearly have no idea how people live in New York, . Well that is true I left 3 years ago. Just answer me this. Since when do people refer to Brooklyn as NYC? As long as I have been there NYC was always Manhattan. My guess is they tell all the new people Brooklyn is NYC so they will pay stupid high rent. Yes I know technically Brooklyn...
550 sq ft? Yikes! Not for me. I would go crazy in a place that small.
Yeah really no point to have a car in the city. Just use Zip Cars.
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenFrog crazy thread indeed. did not expect this kind of reaction haha. still, lot's of good financial nuggets of wisdom interspersed throughout the thread! i think im going to work for a couple of months first to see what my cash flow is like and go from there, because my budgeting i have right now is all speculative. Your monthly expenses(by which I mean bills that have to be paid every month) should never...
Quote: Originally Posted by CouttsClient I am a few things but stupid as it relates to money is not one of them. We obviously have different ideas of what 'afford' is. Carry on... HAHA I make a mid 6 figures a year. My daily driver is a 1997 geo metro. Gas, insurance and repairs $250 a month. The 21 year old version of my would think the 38 year old version of me is out of his mind. Of course I have several classic cars,...
Quote: Originally Posted by BrettChaotix I've given up on cases for my EVO. I love the large screen but when you add a textured case to it, I have a nightmare of a time getting it in or out of my pockets. Are you planning on a belt case or a pocket case? I was hoping to get something about the size of a wallet so I can just put it in my pocket. I am not about to wear anything on my belt. I got this one for now in a cognac or saddle...
Finding all sorts of really great cases for the Iphone but nothing really for the HTC EVO 4G. Also having trouble finding someone to make something custom. For now I got a skinomi wood finish skin and a fortte thin cash in vegtable tanned leather. But I would like to get something that has a few slots for id and credit cards.