or Connect

Posts by LARon

Quote: Originally Posted by edmorel I think the point is more (at least in the first pic) that they actually are trying. Since this will probably turn into some sort of racial thing anyway......... The first pic is probably some church gathering or other type meeting. A similar get together by the "white man" will probably yield a lot less people, if any, in suits. The black community still takes pride in dressing up for certain occasions, even if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton That's almost certainly Kiton MTM. Being that he's Wilkes Bashford's regular lunch buddy, I'd say you were right.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan Fired? Did he refuse to use a machine? A Kiton man, through and through. (I'm with you AF.)
Matt, they looked long to me too when I first took them out of the box. But, when I put them on they fit like a dream and look perfectly balanced under a pants leg. So, the long appearance is just an illusion.
The beauty of going bespoke is that you can set whatever specifications you like. For example, had I wanted them without seams, i.e., as wholecuts, I could have asked for that. But, I didn't. My preference was to have the front of the derby be made from a single piece of calfskin, rather than two pieces stitched together; and that's what I got.
Thanks LSeca. Ironically, I was inspired to get them after seeing both in last year's "best looking shoe in the world" thread (I'd also seen the V-front derby in Gaziano's portfolio when I first joined SF). Its an incredible feeling to actually have them in my line up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II Nice shoes. How did you get the bespoke box and trees with mto shoes? EDIT: Also, what color are the Hayes? They're both bespoke, not MTM.
What is most satisfying about these, my first experince with bespoke, is how well they fit right out of the box. I don't think I've ever had any shoe fit this well; and that, in fact, is the point. And its true. I've already commissioned my next pair, a pair of monks.
Quote: Originally Posted by zjpj83 ^^^ Incredible. Though I'd love to see bigger shots Thanks zjp. I think they can get a bit larger if you click on the thumbnail.
Three eye V-front derby Hayes Trees