or Connect

Posts by LARon

This has been my week; after receiving my two pair of G&G bespokes, I've now also received the EG MTM monks ordered at the Mansion trunk show back in March. For all those who say monks should not have a medallion, BEHOLD (click on the thumb for a larger view): (RL's exclusive Barretto w/Bamford medallion)
Quote: Originally Posted by diorshoe woah, no wonder they looked 'bespoke'!!! i was wondering wow, how beautiful these turned out. i remember you saying something to me last time at starbucks that you had MTO g and g coming... i was wondering why you had to wait so long. those are works of art. wear them in health, if i ever meet you again, i hope to see you wear them .! Thanks. As excited as I am about these -- I'm actually wearing...
Quote: Originally Posted by diorshoe i love those shoes especially the Hayes, Ron. i seen the factory photos on their website and something about their lasts dont sit with me well, but from these photos, i see they are really beautiful. are they still charging their initial price of $800 +- , or did they raise their price for MTO? They're bespoke (I think they're around 1,570 pounds).
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh Very nice Ron. The sole treatment is particularly nice. I hope you don't plan to walk on them Too late for that. Its amazing how precise and comfortably they fit -- right out of the box. If this is the world of bespoke, boys, you gotta get in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Those are nearly as large as my pepperoni nipples. I like pepperoni.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Isn't Wilkes Bashford better known for Brioni? That may have been true 10 years ago, but if you visit today, you'll find an entire Kiton section on the first floor (and more spread throughout the store). I think Wilkes's model has always been to stock the finest from all over the world, which makes his Kiton selection no surprise.
Quote: Originally Posted by designprofessor Very nice!!! Thanks DP.
Quote: Originally Posted by stilmacher Are these regular models turned into bespoke? No, I think its the other way 'round. If you look back at Tony's EG portfolio, these were two of his unique bespoke designs. He's now offering a MTM version of each (though, to my mind, the bespoke version has a higher design quality than the MTM -- hence the price premium).
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan They look great Ron. Imageshack is so slow these days. Look forward to the Edward Green monks. Thanks, again, AF. I, too, look forward to the monks.
Enough voices cried out for larger shots of the G&G bespokes that I felt I owed the forum an improved product. So, here they are, again. And stay tuned, my EG MTM medallion monks -- ordered at the Mansion's trunk show in March -- have just landed. Should arrive by week's end. Will post on the weekend. Enjoy.