or Connect

Posts by LARon

I wear them with every day, with suits, as I've been doing for at least the last 20 years. Have about 25 pair, which is down from the peak of about 10 years ago; had probably 50 pair back then. Thurston's (the special ones designed by Mimmo Spano) and Trafalgar Special Editions mostly. I wear belts with odd trousers, though sometimes I'll also throw on a pair of braces w/those too. As has already been said and echoed several times, they just do a better job of...
Quote: Originally Posted by marin My opinion in terms of quality and breadth of offerings: NYC: Saks and BG -- different but both excellent Chicago: NM > Saks but not by much (suburbs NM >> Saks) SF and LA (Beverly Hills): like NYC, different but both are good In my mind, Saks has usually been more aggressive on price (not just this past holiday season) +1
This is all very interesting, inasmuch as I just commissioned a lovely brown and bone cashmere houndstooth sport coat after concluding, over several weeks' deliberation, that the rumors of their imminent demise were greatly exagerated, and perhaps a bit of schadenfreude. To echo what has been said more than once, they have one of the best selections of fabrics, shoes, suits and accessories I've seen anywhere. Its just a fantastic place to shop for clothes; truly a...
Recently visited Venanzi on 56th street in Manhattan. Despite prior predictions of a early demise, it remains a beautiful and viable maison. While there I saw two beautiful fabrics, but with outrageously high prices (considering the current climate). Does anyone know where I might find the actual fabrics themselves, to have someone else make up? One was a pearl gray flannel, and the other a chocolate and beige cashmere houndstooth. Went to Oxxford to try and find...
I agree with, and confirm the observations that: 1) Hermes ties almost never appear on sale, except at the New York store, and on rare occasion in the Beverly Hills store (which is not advertised; you have to have a relationship with the sales stafff), and 2) Andyinternational is a good ebay source. He and I have exchanged many purchases and sales (I've bought from him, he's bought from me) over the past four to five years. But, by no means is he the only source....
Great; glad to hear it. We were all hoping and praying that the iconic PS wouldn't simply turn tail and fade from the great Windy City. I'm happy to see I'll now have a destination, after all, on my next trip to the city with the Third Coast.
If the Italian tailor is your beloved Rubinacci, I'm in.
Quote: Originally Posted by dopey Ignore the rest of this thread and just read the post above. You don't have to do what Sator does, but his explanation is sound and provides all the information you need. Single vents have their place too, but since they are currently out of fashion, you can ignore them at this stage. I agree with everything dopey said, except the comment about single vents being "out of fashion": the most...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bic Pentameter A pair of my shoes. Outstanding! Nice choice Bic.
Beautiful shoes, Eustace!