or Connect

Posts by Kei-bon

if we're talking versatility, the thought of a spread collar without a tie upsets me a lot more than the thought of a button-down with a suit (which doesn't upset me much at all ...)
BEAMS or (are department stores allowed?) Isetan Men's.
i wish that, here in the US, we could buy more of the stuff sold under the J Press brand in Japan. The chinos i used to get at J Press in Kobe Daimaru are great. So is some of the stuff designed for Isetan (though the cut is probably not what American fans would approve).
I wish Mafoo would repost here the photo of his Very Beautiful striped tie in slubby silk ...
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria There is no dichotomy between style and fit...having an asymmetric concentration on one or the other is like choosing which side of the mountain will serve as the base for your ascent. The closer to the top that you get, the more each quality will be elevated in tandem. - B Whoa.
I'm not sure that looking uncontrived is high on his list of priorities. Not that it ought to be. I like the looks of his that vox posted better than the one at the head of this thread, but they're all interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman In my experience, Japanese sales are genuine sales - stores provide deep discounts on quality goods. I've found that too. I've gotten great deals on beautiful stuff during the annual sales.
the easiest thing to do would be to go to one of the department stores with big men's departments: Isetan Men or the men's side of Takashimaya in Shinjuku, though shirts there might be a little more expensive. Or, for slightly cheaper and trendier stuff, Marui Men, also in Shinjuku.
is this thread the SF stress test?
Quote: Originally Posted by furo The SA was telling me that this particular style was more conservative than a solid color like navy or charcoal...