or Connect

Posts by Kei-bon

Bumping this in hopes someone has a recommendation. In addition to some hemming, I also need a sportcoat taken in at the waist ...
Hmm. I think a cutaway collar WITHOUT a tie looks odder than a button-down WITH one.
Quote: Originally Posted by aj_del AJ, can you tell us what site these photos in Japan are from? Sorry if you already did and I missed it ... thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Umm..isn't sushi traditionally a finger food and eaten by hand? True, some such can be eaten with the hands (although I have seen few Japanese friends do this in low- to mid-range sushi places). But tempura, never. It's deep fried!
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria One of my debate antagonists, and debate partner at one event, in college is the guy who might very well unexpectedly saunter into the Senate from the great state of Delaware. We were having lobster once in some place in NYC back then, and they presented a live lobster to the table. It was greenish brown, of course. When it came back, he noted that this was not our lobster because this one was red. Tea Party...
Quote: Originally Posted by IndianBoyz Alot of foods are eaten by hand, Americans eat their 'Latin' foods such as nachos, tacos, enchiladas etc. all by hand, how it's supposed to be. Given the current direction of this thread, may I take this opportunity to make a PSA? Recently I see more and more Americans at Japanese restaurants eating tempura with their hands. Please don't be one of them. What is it about eating with hands these days--in...
Quote: Originally Posted by junior varsity so just to tell you how much you can lose weight. 10lbs in 2 weeks. age is an important variable in this equation, i think, JV.
Quote: Originally Posted by shoefan I liked Human Sexual Response and Mission of Burma back in the day. My brother was a roadie/lighting guy for HSR for a while. Pretty good music, great live performances. never expected to see HSR referenced here! a few years ago, in Tokyo and wanting to wallow in alienation, i played "Land of the Glass Pinecones" on my iPod over and over and over ...
resurrecting this thread to see if, two years later, the forum has more to say about this US tailoring business. The updates Shirtmaven alluded to are evident on their website: http://www.johnhdaniel.com/news.htm.
i like the lacquered paper lampshade ... and maybe that tie.