or Connect

Posts by Kei-bon

lurpak, and i'll second kerrygold. i also buy anchor from new zealand sometimes.
Quote: Originally Posted by spectre 3. The fewer patterns and colours involved in a single outfit the more elegant it will be. injecting a note of controversy?
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles I recommend a Briggs & Riley garment bag. You can get a large one that still counts as a carry-on but barely. Big enough for all your stuff, and it leaves your suits unwrinkled. i think i have the same bag, and i like it very much. it gets a little heavy, but it's sturdy and well designed.
McIntosh. I miss good McIntosh apples here on the west coast. thin skinned, perfumed, a little tart: perfect. Is it because they bruise easily that they aren't often found in supermarkets out here? i hate all those squared off, rock-hard apples with the mouthfeel of balsa. Fuji is good though.
I believe Freedberg's used to make suits for Nordstrom's and other retailers. (Perhaps Louis Boston, as well? Can anyone confirm that?) In the mid-eighties they partnered with Abboud. They had a warehouse in the South End. I don't know if they're still around. edit: found an archived Globe article saying they went out of business in 2002. Their annual warehouse sale used to be a big event, I remember.
but be aware that during sales it may take some time for them to locate a popular suit like that in your size, if they can at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by Thurston I'd guess them to be RL employees. i think someone in the comments section IDed them as former employees. very costume-y.
folding fans. not in an arch way; they're practical in the heat. older men carry them in Japan (usually grey or of-white with a simple design) and no one bats an eye.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday I have a skinny neck and can use all the horizontal lines I can get. Thirded.
i once happened on a cache of good ties from the main store, tucked away in a corner, but apart from this the outlet near me has been a sea of 346.