or Connect

Posts by Kei-bon

Quote: Originally Posted by dshin whatever you prefer. I personally dont cuff any pants. I am 5'8" and have short legs. So cuffs makes by legs look even shorter. i bought a pair of pants a while back at SHIPS in shinjuku. when the clerk asked if i wanted them cuffed, I told him no, using this same rationale: i'm 5'8", and i was afraid cuffs would visually shorten my legs. But he insisted that cuffs lengthen the leg by drawing the eye to the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro One reason why this may be the case is because stores in Japan have a much better selection. You can walk into United Arrows, Beams, Tomorrowland, or Ships and get a well-made, chic garment without spending a fortune. The buyers are much more selective and actually demand that manufucaturers make a product to the store desgin. Also, there are many strong domestic brands. Only problem is that you can't be a...
This is a perennial thread subject. Here's a recent one to check out: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...highlight=cuff
all the hand detailing is almost too apparent with the silver finish. that's why i got mine matte aluminum.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria I have no personal experience with them, but this James Reid page seems to give a lot of choices ... that's a fun site. thanks for the link.
i think busier designs, with narrow stripes and several colors, probably won't reproduce so well in a knit tie. and somehow i think silk knit ties look best in clear, flag-like colors. so i chose #1. yfyf's design is nice too; papal colors.
Quote: Originally Posted by mr. magoo Some of the higher end parts of the South (Charleston SC, Dallas, TX, New Orleans, LA, to name a few) have a higher standard of dress than most of the Northeast and California. Often it's lighter weight and more colorful, but much neater and cleaner than, say, New York. And some cities that prides themselves on being "European" -- San Francisco and Boston spring to mind -- are often much more informally...
midnight blue
at ssam, i had a salad of baby beets with a sesame yogurt dressing that haunts my memory. and those pork buns: yum.
i'm pretty happy with the standard BB slim fit. i wish it came in more colors/patterns (i think they stock only lt blue, white, and grey stripe), and i wish the arms were a little less billowy. then of course there's all the talk on SF about the unique collar roll of the BF OCBD ... but i'm not such a connoisseur--yet.