or Connect

Posts by Chien

hmm, thanks for the advice guys...i been wearing my barrie recently, trying to think about how to go about the sizes on my side as well.A question that i got on my mind is , how do the shape of the shoe, especially the toebox , changes if say i go from a 8D in barrie to a 8E or a 8.5D or a 8.5E in barrie.I think for my grant last, going half a size bigger will be too loose fitting, and i should consider going E width, probably have to wear it around some more to figure out...
above are my park avenue.these are my barrie 8D.for both my grant 9D, and Barrie 8D. i dont feel the tip of my big toe touching the top of the toebox, its only the 4th and 5th toes that are in contact with the side of the toebox.
any help here please??want to get my next pair of aldens that i can wear all over, for holidays etc etc! and not just placed on home rack and used only when going for dinners where i just sit.
ok, lets see..i have 2 pair of asics running shoes, one is in US 9.5, the other is 27.5cm ( bought in japan)vans sneakers im sized 9.5USnew balance shoes model 574 in US9.5converse im either a 9 or 9.5USallen edmonds park avenue in 9D, this pair i get the same toe pain i experience with the aldens.chippewa rugged boots (model 20065) in US 9D - this fits me the best among the aldens and AE - no pain in the toe whatsoever.dont have a local retailer for Alden that i can pop...
hi gents, need some help to get the sizing right for my third pair of aldens - the 2 pair i have gets uncomfortable after a while. They are of the barrie last and the grant last. both are cordovan if it matters. In the Barrie last, they are a pair of 8D and in the Grant last, a 9D. For these two pair of boots, when i wear them to walk, after some distance I will feel pain in my 4th toe ( The biggest toe being the first, counting down) from it rubbing the insides of the...
TheShoeMart Cordovan captoe in Grant last 9D. Selling as my feet grew slightly bigger and my toe hurts after walking for a while. Been with me for 1 years plus, worn very sparingly. Went to the cobler to have rubber topy installed since day 1 of wearing. Brushed them with horsehair brush regularly together with saphir renovateur conditioning. Always shoe treed after wearing Item is located in Singapore. Buyer pays for shipping. Comes with box.
J.Crew Cordovan captoe in barrie last 8D. Selling as my feet grew slightly bigger and my toe hurts after walking for a while. Been with me for 2 years plus, first year was worn almost every other day and the subsequent year was worn sparingly due to above problem. Would not have sold them other wise, as they have developed a nice patina. Also, one side of the boots laces have came off - no major issue as can easily get replacements. I have a new pair of black waxed...
Guys, know I'm in the alden thread, but need some help for Chippewa rugged boots sizing. I have a pair of 8D in j crew barrie cordovan captoe boots, but I feel it abit tight to the point that it hurts my 4th toe. So I'm thinking I'm more of a 8.5D. I also have a pair of theshoemart 4065 grant last boots in 9D. Same thing, hurts my 4th toe. I'm not too sure for both cases, a upsize from 8D to 8.5D in barrie and 9D to 9.5D in Grant will help me more or simply getting a E...
I'm thinking of getting the service boot as well, but need help on sizing, If I'm a 8.5D in alden barrie, and 9.5D in alden Grant last. What should I be getting?
Will be in tokyo for the next few days, Trying to replace my wildswans wallet with another Japanese made cordovan but wild swans current range do not have. What other brands can I look out for in tokyo?